AquaDuck--4 decks tall??

We saw someone in Disney last year hike up their child's hair and had like 3 inch sneaks on. It was crazy, why risk the safety of your children for one ride!

Why on Earth did they even waste their time? We tried putting my son in his "tall" shoes for Soarin' (only Soarin', as I don't personally find it to be a danger like a roller coaster, and he was 38.5", so really pretty close) and there was no way he was making it. WDW clearly makes their posts taller than 40" to account for shoes (as my son was just over 40" at home in his tall shoes) cause my son was still way below.

He'll likely be a bit sad that he'll be too small for the AquaDuck when we sail on one of the new ships, but we'll just have to go back when he's bigger to solve that dilemma! ;)

My daughter will be too short for it too and she knows it. Probably only an inch or two too but no way I'd even attempt it with her. She knows I can't use the Mickey Slide and she gets all those cool new areas in the Oceaneer's Club to play at and I don't.
And she knows we are going to go again so... it's something to look forward to as well as get her to eat her veggies to make her grow fast! :rotfl:

I wonder if you won't be allowed water shoes and jewelry. I bet you wont. Scratches all over the clear parts of the tube would be ugly.

Don't forget that the smaller kids have always had a water slide on Disney and will continue to have one on the new ships! I'm glad there is a height restriction for both safety purposes and to let the older kids and kids at heart have something to enjoy. It will be quite crowded on Sea Days so this may better distribute kids among the pools and slides.

Urrghhh, four stories huh? Just that video puts a lump in my throat. Oh I'll still ride it, but I'll probably have a death grip on that float ;)

As for the height requirement, I predict many reports of temper tantrums.

Not from the kids mind you, mostly the parents who will claim DCL is torturing their poor child who will be emotionally damaged by not getting to ride the Aqua Duck. I do NOT envy the CM manning that post.

If you ask me, Disney should partner with the Rolling Stones for RnR, just so they can have the rights to play in a continuous loop at all their ride measurement spots:

"You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes, well you might find
You get what you need"

I still can't figure out where any kind of large drop would be.

I still can't figure out where any kind of large drop would be.
If you watch the video, it's in stages--not one big drop. The first part (where you can still see out) is about a 1 deck drop, maybe 1 1/2. Then there's the "starfield" part, which looks to be another 1 1/2 deck drop (steepest drop on the video). Then there's a final "dark" drop that's about a 1 deck drop.

Pause right at the end, and you can see the tube overhead (on the left) that's at least 2 decks up, and that's after the first visible drop (which occurs on the right, before the lefthand clear tube). Remember decks are only 7'.

The *entrance* may be on deck 12, but you can see on the video that there's flights of stairs to get to the launch point.

Anyone heard of a weight limit on the Aquaduck? I know about the height. Just wondering about the weight for Adults.

I believe I read somewhere that there is a weight limit of 250lbs. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought I read that.

As for height, we have watched that video so many times and we have explained to our ds that he won't be tall enough to ride. He's only 42" and I highly doubt he will have a growth spurt of 6" before July, especially considering he barely eats. He will be the only one on our trip unable to go on. He understands that and we have set him up for that now so as not to have a tantrum on the ship. Yes, it's disappointing but as someone else said, just another reason to go back in a few years. Safety first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter