AP's with DVC discount - where to get?

las3888

DIS Veteran
Where exactly do you buy your A/P's with the DVC discount? I would like to get the voucher sometime soon b4 our tripi but of course we don't want to activate until we get there. I wanted to buy them in advance because I wanted to buy the DDE card and have it in hand when we get there. Last year I remember having to go to EPCOT for a temporary letter that let us get the discount. Do you know where I can buy the DDE in advance without having to activate it until our arrival?

Our APs and DDE card have just expired. It's been a year since I've been in the market for this stuff. I just can't remember what the procedures were. I tried to read on mousesavers but couldn't figure it out.

TIA!

The DDE is activated at the time of purchase, unlike an AP, it is not a voucher system. AP vouchers can be purchase through the member website or by calling Member Services.

DDEs are good for 12 to 13 months after you purchase them. You can purchase DDE through the AP website or by calling 407-566-5858.

Go to the DVC members only site. Log on. Then you will see a box for AP passes on the right side of the screen. Click and you're on your way. I just did this yesterday. Make sure you log on with your screen name and password first or you won't find it.

MrsG said:
Go to the DVC members only site. Log on. Then you will see a box for AP passes on the right side of the screen. Click and you're on your way. I just did this yesterday. Make sure you log on with your screen name and password first or you won't find it.

Is this a "voucher" that you activate once you arrive in WDW?

jmurphy625 said:
Is this a "voucher" that you activate once you arrive in WDW?

Yes, it is.

Besides ordering them online or by phone from member services, you can also buy APs with a DVC discount at the parks and DTD at guest services and you should be able to buy them at ticket booths also. But then you would not be able to join DDE ahead of time and get the card before your trip as the OP wants to do.

Once you have the AP voucher in hand, you can use the numbers from the back to call and order your DDE card. Do this in the last part of the month before your trip so you will get a full 13 months of activity on it.

I'm planning on purchasing my AP's when I am in Disney next month. Could you please tell me what I need other than my DVC Member card for ID? Also, I'm getting a AP for my six year old son - do I need any ID for him?

AND

Could you please tell me why I might want a DDE card? I thought they were only for those lucky few that either lived in Disney or were able to go often?

Thanks for your help!

You will need a photo id as well as your membership card. Your son won't need anything.

Since Jan. 2005, AP holders have been able to purchase DDE memberships. :cool1: :cool1: It is truly a great perk.

In the past, DDE was only open to Florida residents.

But you must order the DDE card from their office which is open only regular hours Mon.-Fri.. They mail your card to your home but the last I knew can also arrange for you to pick up a temporary DDE at Guest Services at Epcot. But it only gets there after closing on the business day you order it....I believe it is 5:30pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter