AP's to get 20 FP+ per quarter

mousermerf

DIS Veteran
So the rumor coming down the pipeline is that in addition to everything we've learned about Resort guests via the tests and website info, that Annual Passholders will be allotted FastPass+ per quarter - like January to March - to use whenever they want as long as they are within the FP+ guidelines (4 per day at MK, no multiple-park reservations - essentially same rules as resort guests).

The number being tossed around as the allotment per Annual Pass is 20 per quarter.

Discuss.

So the rumor coming down the pipeline is that in addition to everything we've learned about Resort guests via the tests and website info, that Annual Passholders will be allotted FastPass+ per quarter - like January to March - to use whenever they want as long as they are within the FP+ guidelines (4 per day at MK, no multiple-park reservations - essentially same rules as resort guests).

The number being tossed around as the allotment per Annual Pass is 20 per quarter.

Discuss.

What if you are both? AP Holder and Resort Guest. It would be great to get both!

20 DAYS per quarter? Or 20 FP's per quarter?

We go to the parks at least once a week... so if it is 20 FP's per quarter then it is essentially useless to us.

20 DAYS per quarter? Or 20 FP's per quarter?

We go to the parks at least once a week... so if it is 20 FP's per quarter then it is essentially useless to us.

FP+'s per quarter. So essentially 5 Magic Kingdom days, since it allows 4 FP+ per day. Same rules at Resort Guests, so only one park per day.

Except most resort guests are only there 5-7 days. So they get it each day they pay for park entrance essentially.

I think that policy stinks for AP holders. Figures...

Except most resort guests are only there 5-7 days. So they get it each day they pay for park entrance essentially.

I think that policy stinks for AP holders. Figures...

Most AP holders only visit 13 days in a year.. You're way above the average.

Well we live 5 miles to the gate... so yeah we go often. Luckily we don't care if we see certain things on certain days.

Summers though where we can go even more often and it will be busy will be useless to have 5 days the entire summer....?? Crazy punishment for being local.

Well we live 5 miles to the gate... so yeah we go often. Luckily we don't care if we see certain things on certain days.

Summers though where we can go even more often and it will be busy will be useless to have 5 days the entire summer....?? Crazy punishment for being local.

So you should be allowed to ride Space Mountain with little or no wait 20+ times in a year while a tourist should have to wait 2 hours or more to ride it once....?

Why should my wait on any given day be longer then a tourist? Given appropriate planning on my part?

Discuss.

Assuming that's true for a moment, would having these FP+s preclude access to regular FPs (as it apparently would resort guests) I wonder.... And would these be mutually-exclusive items only for days selected for FP+ use, for the quarter, or for the duration of the AP....

Discuss. ;)

Assuming that's true for a moment, would having these FP+s preclude access to regular FPs (as it apparently would resort guests) I wonder.... And would these be mutually-exclusive items only for days selected for FP+ use, for the quarter, or for the duration of the AP....

Discuss. ;)

Conversion to a RFID pass (required for FP+) is permanent and specifically excludes use of regular FP. The terms clearly spell this out on the WDW website.

Assuming that's true for a moment, would having these FP+s preclude access to regular FPs (as it apparently would resort guests) I wonder.... And would these be mutually-exclusive items for days selected for FP+ use, for the quarter, or for the duration of the AP....

Discuss. ;)

I'm not sure I follow you. So if we used the FP+ for say MK and then went over to Epcot... we would be unable to use the FP system there at all?

Or are you saying that we will no longer have access to regular FP at all?

That would be even worse. :rolleyes:

Why should my wait on any given day be longer then a tourist? Given appropriate planning on my part?

Because you rode that ride yesterday and they've never ridden it and will probably never ride it again while you'll also be back tomorrow...?

I'm sorry if that logic doesn't make sense to you.

Conversion to a RFID pass (required for FP+) is permanent and specifically excludes use of regular FP. The terms clearly spell this out on the WDW website.

Can you link to this? I don't see it anywhere on the disney website.

Fun with math!

Cheapest ticket a tourist can get is the 10 day, no park hopping at $31.80 per day.

Florida Resident Annual Pass (not premium, because we're talking theme parks and ride access specifically) is $452.63. If you visit 52 times in a year ("we go weekly") means you pay $8.70 per day for park access.

$31.80 >>>>> $8.70

I'm not sure I follow you. So if we used the FP+ for say MK and then went over to Epcot... we would be unable to use the FP system there at all?

Or are you saying that we will no longer have access to regular FP at all?

That would be even worse. :rolleyes:

OP is saying exactly this.

Because you rode that ride yesterday and they've never ridden it and will probably never ride it again while you'll also be back tomorrow...?

I'm sorry if that logic doesn't make sense to you.

No it doesn't make sense. It means I'm supposed to have longer waits because I can go more often?

What is next? An annual pass holder line that waits longer? That incorporates your logic here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter