• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 23, 2018 Sail-a-bration on the Dream

Verandah Man

I DREAM of a FANTASY that's full of MAGIC & WONDER
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I see a thread for this sailing has not been started so I thought I'd get one started.

My family and I are using this cruise to celebrate our daughter graduating from cosmetology school, becoming an esthetician, and we will also be celebrating my 63rd birthday (4/20/18). Our group consists of me(Andy), my wife(Hazel), our daughter(Angelina), my mother(Viria) and my sister(Vicki). This will be the 8th Disney cruise for my wife and I, our daughter's 6th Disney cruise, my mother's 5th Disney cruise and my sister's 3rd Disney cruise. By the time we sail, next year, it will be 8 years since we cruised last. I've got to brush up on some of my DCL knowledge with the help of the DIS!!!

Last edited:
Hello! We are first time cruisers celebrating my 50th birthday on the cruise! It will be just my husband (Ed) and myself.

Hello! We are first time cruisers celebrating my 50th birthday on the cruise! It will be just my husband (Ed) and myself.

Welcome Aboard Carrie and Ed!!! I am sure you are going to enjoy your "first" Disney cruise. I was just looking back of pictures from our first Disney cruise back in 2003 yesterday, it brought back such fond memories. It's hard to believe how young our daughter was back then.

Hi everyone,

First time cruiser, here! My husband and I have been to Walt Disney World several times and have decided to try out the cruise line for his birthday celebration. We've both never been on a cruise but knew that if we were going to do it, it had to be Disney!

Hi everyone,

First time cruiser, here! My husband and I have been to Walt Disney World several times and have decided to try out the cruise line for his birthday celebration. We've both never been on a cruise but knew that if we were going to do it, it had to be Disney!

Welcome Aboard!!! Disney cruises are great, I'm sure you are going to enjoy this cruise!!! My family started out by visiting Disney World and Disneyland, like you, we had to do our first cruise with Disney!!!

Hi all,
Just joining the group. This will be our first Disney Cruise! Our daughter, who will be 5, is so excited and so are we. We are doubling down on this trip, as I am running the Dark Side Challenge on Saturday and Sunday and hitting the parks then driving over for the cruise.

We came as a family last year, and brought both sets of parents with us, to Disney. I also came down in February with another Disney fan. We can't for April.

Hi all,
Just joining the group. This will be our first Disney Cruise! Our daughter, who will be 5, is so excited and so are we. We are doubling down on this trip, as I am running the Dark Side Challenge on Saturday and Sunday and hitting the parks then driving over for the cruise.

We came as a family last year, and brought both sets of parents with us, to Disney. I also came down in February with another Disney fan. We can't for April.

Welcome Aboard!!! This is our 8th Disney cruise and I think we are just as excited as we were for our first cruise in 2003. We decided to stay at WDW for 4 nights after the cruise even though my mom lives just 90 minutes from the port. We are staying in one of the Log Cabin Homes at Fort Wilderness.

Thank you! I am nervous about how the cruise all works. I am hoping as time gets closer I will receive more info about what to do :)

Hi, We are the Behr Family and this is our first time cruise!! We are traveling with my family of 5. Me (Stefanie), Husband (Matt), 6 yo daughter (Savannah), 4 yo son( Christian) and 1 yo daughter (Grace). My Father (John), sister (Sherri) and brother (Chris) will also be joining us. We are all so excited and looking forward to a great family vacation!!! We haven't told the kids yet but are going to tell them this weekend at their bday party!!

Welcome Aboard!!! I'm sure all of you are going to have a great time. Even though this is our 8th DCL cruise, my family is very excited about sailing on the Dream for the first time!!!

Hi everyone,

I’m surprising my husband & 9-yo girl with our first Disney cruise. My husband’s brother’s family will be there, too with their 9-yo girl and 6-yo son. Does anyone know if there’s a fish extender group?

I can’t wait for April to get here!

Hi, We are the Behr Family and this is our first time cruise!! We are traveling with my family of 5. Me (Stefanie), Husband (Matt), 6 yo daughter (Savannah), 4 yo son( Christian) and 1 yo daughter (Grace). My Father (John), sister (Sherri) and brother (Chris) will also be joining us. We are all so excited and looking forward to a great family vacation!!! We haven't told the kids yet but are going to tell them this weekend at their bday party!!
My daughter is 7, this is our first Disney cruise also!

Hi everyone!! This will be my families first Disney Cruise!! It will be my husband and I and our 7 year old daughter!!

Hi everyone,

I’m surprising my husband & 9-yo girl with our first Disney cruise. My husband’s brother’s family will be there, too with their 9-yo girl and 6-yo son. Does anyone know if there’s a fish extender group?

I can’t wait for April to get here!
I want to do the fish extender on our cruise. Let me know if you find a group for it :)

I hope this isn't too late, there is a FE group on another website, but I don't think I can post the name of that website here on the DIS. I'm not part of the FE group and I'm not 100% certain if the group has any openings at this late date.

I hope this isn't too late, there is a FE group on another website, but I don't think I can post the name of that website here on the DIS. I'm not part of the FE group and I'm not 100% certain if the group has any openings at this late date.

Please post the site link others do post links and if the group is closed no foul. Thanks.

Hello Dear Fellow Disney Cruisers!

I am Kate. I booked my 5th cruise on Disney Dream yesterday and now I can not keep calm, so excited to go on Dream again with my 2 girls.

We did FE for the first time and really liked it in 2017 . Dear Verandah Man can you please add me to the FB meet group. I would love to share excitment and my experiences.

Thank you. For the first timers want to say one thing: Relax , you are going to love it so much that you will be hooked just like I am.:love::love::love: Disney cruise is a must every year now in my happy book!

Hello Kate, Welcome Aboard!!! Sorry, but I have nothing to do with the FE for this cruise. My family is not part of the FE group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter