April 20th, 2024 - 7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise From San Juan

brentm77

DIS Veteran
I wanted to start a thread and introduce myself and my wife. I can't find anyone posting about this cruise, and the FB group hasn't accepted my request to join yet.

My wife and I are taking our first DCL cruise without our children (college age), after our plan to do that last August was put on hold. We just booked this one unexpectedly, since we had planned to go to Europe, but it was too much to plan after caregiving for our wonderful daughter who is battling cancer. We are taking her on a separate cruise about a week after this one, so she gets a chance to celebrate how well she is doing and recoup after fighting so hard for a year. But this cruise will be a chance for my wife and I to recoup and reconnect.

This will be our first Southern Caribbean cruise. 5th on DCL.

We are flying in the day before, staying at the Marriott, and spending the disembark day there again, so we have a chance to see San Juan for a day. We mostly like to relax in the adult area during the day, and like live music and other Match-Your-Mate type stuff in the evening. We are planning on low key excursions - mostly relaxing on the beach, with me doing some snorkeling. But if anyone wants to look at sharing a private excursion that are low key, we would be interested.

Please say hi and introduce yourself!

I wanted to start a thread and introduce myself and my wife. I can't find anyone posting about this cruise, and the FB group hasn't accepted my request to join yet.

My wife and I are taking our first DCL cruise without our children (college age), after our plan to do that last August was put on hold. We just booked this one unexpectedly, since we had planned to go to Europe, but it was too much to plan after caregiving for our wonderful daughter who is battling cancer. We are taking her on a separate cruise about a week after this one, so she gets a chance to celebrate how well she is doing and recoup after fighting so hard for a year. But this cruise will be a chance for my wife and I to recoup and reconnect.

This will be our first Southern Caribbean cruise. 5th on DCL.

We are flying in the day before, staying at the Marriott, and spending the disembark day there again, so we have a chance to see San Juan for a day. We mostly like to relax in the adult area during the day, and like live music and other Match-Your-Mate type stuff in the evening. We are planning on low key excursions - mostly relaxing on the beach, with me doing some snorkeling. But if anyone wants to look at sharing a private excursion that are low key, we would be interested.

Please say hi and introduce yourself!
Hey there! We are on the same cruise! Same situation for my husband and I as this is our fifth DCL cruise and first Southern Caribbean cruise as well. I am sure we will see you and your wife around the adult areas. Hugs and prayers to your daughter in her cancer journey. Thanks for the post about the Marriott. We have yet to book our hotel stay prior to the cruise. See ya real soon.

We are also enjoying our 5th DCL cruise, and our first Southern Caribbean. We have excursions booked for 4 of the 5 stops so far, leaning on the active side, but we will be spending our evenings enjoying live music and the adult only spaces for sure. Hope to see y'all around.
Edit - Opps we are on the April 27th cruise!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter