April 2022 Anyone?

9 more days to go:dance3:. . . . so excited to make it to the single digit countdown! Now I seriously have to get packing, finalize my dining reservations and come up with my best Genie+ strategy . . . I haven't used it before so it is new to me, but hopefully it works out okay and I don't feel like I wasted $200 for it in the end.

Yes, the Everest news is a nice surprise! That's one of my son's favorites, and will be a help to a park that is lacking in rides.

My 2 DGDs are so excited, thought we were going to miss out on Everest. Nice surprise.
Same here !! It’s a wonderful surprise ! I love, love, love Everest. On my last visit in July on a girl trip, we rode it 8 times in a row back to back. There was no line so we just kept riding it over and over! It was the best !!

New twist for us ... we had to change our weekend plans for COVID reasons (everyone is OK), so we're now flying down a day early, Sunday night, and staying at the Swan Reserve for one night before we move the Poly on Monday. We'll swim and go to Disney Springs on Monday, then start parks as planned on Tuesday. This is unusually spontaneous for me, but I'm excited!

Attachments

• 7CE93118-F571-4DE9-87E1-38C23401757B.jpeg
    7CE93118-F571-4DE9-87E1-38C23401757B.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 0
  • F081A4CD-AFAA-4F0D-8922-706716DFBD02.jpeg
    F081A4CD-AFAA-4F0D-8922-706716DFBD02.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 0
  • C220F2E1-81A6-4FE6-AF26-5668C74E1E3E.jpeg
    C220F2E1-81A6-4FE6-AF26-5668C74E1E3E.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 0
Heading to WDW next Saturday, 4/23.. just wondering if anyone is there now and can tell me about the weather. I’m new to going in April, I usually go in July so that’s all I know about. Went at the end of March on my very first trip and it was like hurricane weather the entire week we were there. I’m mostly just wondering if it’s super hot tank top weather or more like short sleeve t-shirt weather. Is it humid all day or chilly at night? Does it rain for a few minutes every day like it does in July? I just want to pack the right things…I’m trying not to overpack like I usually do. 😬

Heading to WDW next Saturday, 4/23.. just wondering if anyone is there now and can tell me about the weather. I’m new to going in April, I usually go in July so that’s all I know about. Went at the end of March on my very first trip and it was like hurricane weather the entire week we were there. I’m mostly just wondering if it’s super hot tank top weather or more like short sleeve t-shirt weather. Is it humid all day or chilly at night? Does it rain for a few minutes every day like it does in July? I just want to pack the right things…I’m trying not to overpack like I usually do. 😬

I would just check the weather forecast. We were just there last weekend and it was beautiful - 70s in the day but chilly 50s at night. When we left it was much hotter - mid 80s. No rain at all.

I would just check the weather forecast. We were just there last weekend and it was beautiful - 70s in the day but chilly 50s at night. When we left it was much hotter - mid 80s. No rain at all.
That’s awesome weather for you! Thank you! I’ve been trying to watch the weather forecast, but also wanted to hear from someone that’s there too.

I’m legit so pissed now. The beach club is such a letdown after our Polynesian stay. We are a family 3 and I booked 2 queens. We get to our room and there’s only a king. I’d never pay these prices for my daughter to sleep on a sleeper sofa. Like I know it’s not a huge deal! They are going to move us tomorrow, they say. But I’m not happy.

ETA: we got a call and they ended up moving us today. So glad I don’t have to deal with moving again.

Last edited:
That’s awesome weather for you! Thank you! I’ve been trying to watch the weather forecast, but also wanted to hear from someone that’s there too.
We are here now. It’s breezy and a little cool at night. I wouldn’t say sweatshirt weather, but it’s not warm. Getting out of the pool is chilly for sure

We are here now. It’s breezy and a little cool at night. I wouldn’t say sweatshirt weather, but it’s not warm. Getting out of the pool is chilly for sure
Thank you for responding. I think I will pack for all weather types just to be safe.

I’m legit so pissed now. The beach club is such a letdown after our Polynesian stay. We are a family 3 and I booked 2 queens. We get to our room and there’s only a king. I’d never pay these prices for my daughter to sleep on a sleeper sofa. Like I know it’s not a huge deal! They are going to move us tomorrow, they say. But I’m not happy.

ETA: we got a call and they ended up moving us today. So glad I don’t have to deal with moving again.

We were there last weekend and I kinda agree. We were in the DVC section and the furniture is destroyed. Not worth the cash prices at all. We loved the location, pool, and vibe, but the room itself is not great. They need new furniture stat. The bathroom was spotless. but the couch had huge stains and the pullout portion wasn't even a mattress like the older models. It was about 4 inches thick.

We loved the location because we love Epcot, but I will be much happier when they update the rooms.

We were there last weekend and I kinda agree. We were in the DVC section and the furniture is destroyed. Not worth the cash prices at all. We loved the location, pool, and vibe, but the room itself is not great. They need new furniture stat. The bathroom was spotless. but the couch had huge stains and the pullout portion wasn't even a mattress like the older models. It was about 4 inches thick.

We loved the location because we love Epcot, but I will be much happier when they update the rooms.
For sure. The rooms are in need of a major update. My daughter loves the pool and we were moved to a room with 2 beds that night so I was at least happy about that but the service at the Polynesian was by far better IMO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter