April 2017

kimis

DIS Veteran
Hi we will be at Disneyland the last week of April. Does anyone know how busy it will be? Also what about the weather? Is there a place or site I can find the actual hours for the days we are there? Thank you in advance for your help!

Disneyland is busy all the time. Every day almost. Weather should be very nice. High 70's-80's. Cool evenings. Disneyland.com gives actual park hours about 6 weeks ahead of time. I arrive on April 30th and the hours for that week aren't posted.

By the way, spring break is throughout April pretty much. Easter is the 16th so the week before and the week after will be INSANE. Not sure if this falls with your plans.

For the past few years we have been to Disneyland for the last 3 days of April and its not been crazy crowded (but its always crowded) and the weather has been usually nice and warm but about two years ago the Santa Ana winds were blowing and it was horrible. But usually its quite nice all around and I encourage you to go then.

Hi we will be at Disneyland the last week of April. Does anyone know how busy it will be? Also what about the weather? Is there a place or site I can find the actual hours for the days we are there? Thank you in advance for your help!

You should pop on over to the April 2017 thread and chat with us about the ins and outs of our April 2017 trip plans! :)

For the past few years we have been to Disneyland for the last 3 days of April and its not been crazy crowded (but its always crowded) and the weather has been usually nice and warm but about two years ago the Santa Ana winds were blowing and it was horrible. But usually its quite nice all around and I encourage you to go then.

What is it about the Santa Ana winds that made it horrible? Hot? Cold? Super windy?

The Santa Ana winds come from the desert and they are very hot and dusty. It was over 100 every day and 40 mph wind gusts. It was awful. If you have allergies you will be miserable but you can't plan for them. Also lots of rides will go down due to the winds tripping senors and no fireworks or WOC or fantasmic. But you cannot plan for them. You won't know about them in the weather forecast until about 4 or 5 days before. But usually you don't get the Santa Ana winds until the late summer.

The Santa Ana winds come from the desert and they are very hot and dusty. It was over 100 every day and 40 mph wind gusts. It was awful. If you have allergies you will be miserable but you can't plan for them. Also lots of rides will go down due to the winds tripping senors and no fireworks or WOC or fantasmic. But you cannot plan for them. You won't know about them in the weather forecast until about 4 or 5 days before. But usually you don't get the Santa Ana winds until the late summer.

Ugh, thanks for the info! We've gone in late August 3 times so far so we know what it's like in Anaheim in late summer. Hopefully we will get lovely warm April weather and not super hot!

Thanks for the info. Let's hope I don't get 'lucky' twice. A year of planning and we ended up at WDW during Hurricane Matthew. Some things you just can't plan for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter