• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Appropriate dress for HHI restaurants????

dizzneebabe

SOME IMAGINATION!!!
DVC Silver
Hi there,

We would like to start packing for our trip this coming Sunday, but not sure what type of clothing to bring--other than swimsuits!!! Do most of the restaurants allow shorts and T-shirts? Or do we have to dress up a notch? What about the kids? Our 3 yr. old really doesn't have many dressy clothes!!!

Thanks for your help!!!!

Also--what are your opinions about The Salty Dog??????:cool1:

I haven't stayed at the HHI DVC resort or done the restaurants there, but have been to several other restaurants at HHI over the years.

From my past experience most will allow shorts and a T-shirt. I think most prohibit bathing suits, tank tops, cutoff shirts/shorts, bare feet, etc. Unless you are going upscale most restaurants realize its a beach community and don't have a real strict dress code.

We did not have any trouble in shorts and t-shirts. We found it to be casual. I am sure there are some upscale restaurants that would require more. If you plan on doing something like that I would take nicer clothes. But I think for the most part it is pretty casual. Have a great trip.:goodvibes

We did the seafood buffet at the Westin and I wore white capris with a sleeveless wrap blouse and sandals. Husband wore docker shorts and a polo. I guess that qualifies as resort casual.:idea:

I agree. And the wait is usually long. There is an icecream shop and they have great shakes. It is under the tshirt shop. The little area of shops next to the Salty Dog is worth a look. It looked like a little fishing village right on a dock area. It kept us busy while we waited for our table. We just figured we would go there to eat since we never had. It was just ok.

..........and found a gem of a restaurant. We tried the Old Fort Pub. It was excellant in every way. Fabulous food, fantastic view and great service. And here's a tip, go for the early bird specials, it will knock your socks off. Oh, and the dress was everything from dresses to shorts. It's worth the trip!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter