applying package payment towards room only

DizMom11

Dear Hayel, Sara, and Michael, Please have patienc
I wanted to cancel my free dining package and get a discounted room only. Is there anyway to have the package money go to the room only, AND can I avoid a cancellation fee since I would be upgrading resorts.

I know in the past there has been talk of this not being possible. I don't know if it is still true. Since room only and packages are two completely different systems you can not easily move from one to the other and there is no way for the payment to. If you are still purchasing tickets, the room only discounted rate can often be used in a package. Then you would still be having your package, just with a new code. Therefore there is no cancelation. As far as the fee, I don't know if they will charge it anyway. Even if they wave that they may charge the change fee. Even though you are upgrading your hotel, if you aren't buying tickets then you are spending less and there is no reason for them to wave any fees - often with the package if your change increases the cost of your vacation they wave the change fee.

It is still true that they cannot "convert" a package into a room only. They book your room only and then cancel your package and refund any moneys paid. I did just this last month; there was no "transfer" of funds. The reservation numbers are completely different, too - the room only is 16 numbers, I believe, while the package is shorter with letters & numbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter