Applying MYW tix to DVC AP renewal?

squirk

Saw what you did and knows who you are.
Is there any reason one could not buy, say, five MYW tickets today and apply them to a DVC AP renewal in a few months? I know you can apply the value of those tickets to a new annual pass purchase, but I do not know if you can do the same with an AP renewal, much less a DVC-discounted AP renewal.

I don't see why this shouldn't work, but assuming it does, I don't know if I need to talk to Member Services to do that or if I need to go to Guest Services at one of the parks.

Anyone tried this?

Thanks!

Yes, you can apply the value of a MYW Ticket towards the renewal of an Annual Pass. This can only be done in person at WDW.

To be clear, you can exchange one ticket at a time. I don't like the terms "upgrade" or "apply" because it's really a straight exchange of one ticket for another.

Yes, you can apply the value of a MYW Ticket towards the renewal of an Annual Pass. This can only be done in person at WDW.

Thanks. I just wondered if the DVC discount part of it would make the CMs head spin. I would hate to hold up the GS line while they try to figure it all out.

To be clear, you can exchange one ticket at a time. I don't like the terms "upgrade" or "apply" because it's really a straight exchange of one ticket for another.

No, that's fine. It would be straight exchanges of five MYW tix for five DVC AP renewals. Thanks to you, too.

Thanks. I just wondered if the DVC discount part of it would make the CMs head spin. I would hate to hold up the GS line while they try to figure it all out.
It shouldn't be a problem. The DVC Priced passes are unique tickets in the ticketing system with their own (lower) prices, so the CM just needs to select the appropriate DVC pass to get the correct selling price. This also applies to FL resident pricing.

Can one apply MORE than one MYW pass towards the renewal of a single DVC AP?

How is this done? A renewal is simply that - extending an existing AP. And a MYW ticket can be upgraded to an AP. But I'm not seeing how the two can be combined together.

How is this done? A renewal is simply that - extending an existing AP. And a MYW ticket can be upgraded to an AP. But I'm not seeing how the two can be combined together.

It must be done in person at Guest Relations. Tell them you want to renew your AP but want to apply the unused MYE ticket amount to the renewal rate. If you can't do it in person, you're out of luck.

You buy a ticket and use it within the 30 days after your current AP expires, and then decide you need to renew it. I suppose you could do the same thing in the last 60 days of your AP, but that would be kind of strange; using a normal ticket while you have an active AP.

On another note - after asking my question yesterdayI went to find Cheshire Figments everything about tickets post and saw the news that he has passed away. Very sad news. He was always so nice and helpful.

On another note - after asking my question yesterdayI went to find Cheshire Figments everything about tickets post and saw the news that he has passed away. Very sad news. He was always so nice and helpful.

Oh no, really? I'm so sad.

Hi! I would like to exchange myw tickets from a vacation package for annual pass renewals. At the ticket booth, I was told this was no longer an option. Is this something that is possible at guest services? Thank you in advance for any help!

Every yr we get a FD package and then save the 2 day Park hopper tickets (that were required with the FD deal) until it is time to renew our AP's. We are DVC, too so we get that discount. We just did this the end of May and had no issues applying our 2 day PH tickets to go towards our AP renewals. This yr we did it at the ticket window in Epcot. Last yr, we did it at the guest service window in DS. We currently just completed a FD trip and we again have the 2 day PH tickets sitting in our MDE waiting until summer 2018 when we will again use them towards our AP renewal price.

Hi! I would like to exchange myw tickets from a vacation package for annual pass renewals. At the ticket booth, I was told this was no longer an option. Is this something that is possible at guest services? Thank you in advance for any help!

We did this in June at the AK ticket window. It was a royal pain. I was not paying attention to what was going on and when the transaction had finished we were only given about $150 for a 5 day park hopper purchased on a FD package. When I questioned it, I was told that since we were doing a renewal and not an upgrade that they had to refund the package ticket and the apply those funds towards the renewal. The cost was around $300 to renew. I asked what would have happened if we upgraded the tickets to a DVC gold pass instead and he said that we would get the current window price of about $445 and with the gold pass costing $559 we would have had to put out about $114 plus tax. I had to go over to guest services where a great CM was able to back out the whole transaction and fix it. She did confirm that you cannot get the current window price of package tickets for a renewal of a AP, but you can if you are upgrading to a new AP. I guess that I can kind of see the logic in that in that in one case you are upgrading a ticket to another ticket in the other there is nothing to upgrade to.

Thanks all, for the responses here. I think this answered a question for me.

We have 5 DVC 7 day discounted passes that we bought for a trip in December. We've actually decided to come back to WDW for Thanksgiving in 2018.

My plan, when we arrive in early December, is to hit GS and upgrade/trade in our existing tickets for the Platinum Plus annual passes. Will cost about $1000, but our 2018 trip is going to be roughly 12 days. Well worth the upgrade cost. :)

From reading this thread, it doesn't sound like that will be an issue. I'll bring the receipt, the hard tickets, and my DVC member card (yes, we purchased direct). That sound about right?

Thanks all, for the responses here. I think this answered a question for me.

We have 5 DVC 7 day discounted passes that we bought for a trip in December. We've actually decided to come back to WDW for Thanksgiving in 2018.

My plan, when we arrive in early December, is to hit GS and upgrade/trade in our existing tickets for the Platinum Plus annual passes. Will cost about $1000, but our 2018 trip is going to be roughly 12 days. Well worth the upgrade cost. :)

From reading this thread, it doesn't sound like that will be an issue. I'll bring the receipt, the hard tickets, and my DVC member card (yes, we purchased direct). That sound about right?
If I were you, I’d just call ticketing now and ask to upgrade. Since you bought the tickets from Disney, they should be able to process it as a refund and new purchase over the phone. There’s no real advantage to waiting unless you don’t have the money yet.

If I were you, I’d just call ticketing now and ask to upgrade. Since you bought the tickets from Disney, they should be able to process it as a refund and new purchase over the phone. There’s no real advantage to waiting unless you don’t have the money yet.

They can do that? We've added them to mde already, assigned them to people and made our fp+ ressies. I thought i read that we had to wait until on sight to upgrade them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter