Appliances are so cheap these days

That's what happened to our last dish washer kept it going for a while resetting motherboard every other week but finally wouldn't take resets anymore. Was probably 11 years old so wasn't to upset. Seal looked so bad was shocked it wasn't leaking yet. It use to just start washing for no reason so we would always fill soap thing in case it started.

And why in Dishwashers is the motherboard always located in prime position to be soaked by a leak? Personally, I was taught in class that computers and heat and water don't mix. Yet here we are putting them on washers, dryers, ovens, dishwashers. I just saw one advertised that you just tell the computer what you put in and it will pick the cycle for you. What? Are people now too stupid to know what agitation speed, spin speed, and water temp to use that they have to pay 3 grand for a washer and dryer combo that does essentially the same thing as my $500 combo?

The real question is not whether machines think, but whether men do.

B.F. Skinner.

Last edited:
I am frustrated with dishwashers. They never actually dry the dishes, even with Jet Dry. So I have to leave the dishwasher door open for them to air dry, just hoping that a child, cat, or dog doesn't decide to stand on the door. We've done pretty well on fridges, but we look for quality in that. Our washer and dryer are fairly new. The washer was purchased two years ago, the drier one year ago. The drier that we originally bought two years ago was recalled so we had to replace it. They take a lot of use from our big family, so these we replace about every 5 years. At this time I actually have a back up drier in the garage from our last set. Not sure what happened to the washer? We might have given it away when we moved.

So when it comes to drying, the dishwasher Cougs it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter