APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, there's a garden view 2 queen for June 4-9 but not June 5-9. So annoying.
I saw that! I'm looking for just june 5th but its only bay view for 289! however if I book from the 4th and the 5th its standard for 249. Hopefully it becomes available soon because I booked the bay view just in case and want to cancel if the 249 becomes available

I saw that! I'm looking for just june 5th but its only bay view for 289! however if I book from the 4th and the 5th its standard for 249. Hopefully it becomes available soon because I booked the bay view just in case and want to cancel if the 249 becomes available

Yep, might as well. And if no garden comes open you still have a nice view.

Anyone have an idea when August 22nd week would open up for APH? I see it's up to the 12th of August. Keep checking everyday, but still nothing for the 22nd. Thanks!

I can't see where you can even put in your AP code with the new website. Ugh.

On the new website, near the top of the right hand side, there is a white box beside the cart sign and search icon that says, "BUY PACKAGES, TICKETS AND HOTELS". It is pretty much the same booking page that we used to have. Took me a while to find it as well.

I'm in the same boat as you! Checking in on the 5th for 2 nights and they just refuse to open up standard rooms for RPR on that date.

lol it would! Maybe they will change it if the rooms don't book up fast enough :)

Garden View Rooms are now on APH from June 5 onward!

Garden View Rooms are now on APH from June 5 onward!
Thank you!
I just booked Portofino Garden View for $274 night (3 people) and canceled my $353 RPR King Suite. Sad I'm not staying at RPR, but maybe they'll open up more in the coming days!

Got the garden view! Thanks!
Royal pacific garden view is only 5 dollars cheaper then portofino bay. After having stayed at both id say the portofino bay is worth way more then the royal pacific.

Got the garden view! Thanks!
Royal pacific garden view is only 5 dollars cheaper then portofino bay. After having stayed at both id say the portofino bay is worth way more then the royal pacific.

Can I ask what you think makes Portofino worth more than RPR? My concern is the longer walk to the parks. I've only stayed at HRH, and the walk was so convenient.

Can I ask what you think makes Portofino worth more than RPR? My concern is the longer walk to the parks. I've only stayed at HRH, and the walk was so convenient.

The rooms are bigger at Portofino and generally I think it's a nicer, more upscale hotel. The pools are nicer, and they have a water slide. There are more amenities, especially food wise. The regular rate at Portofino is always more than the regular rate at RPR.

I haven't stayed at RPR, but I might in October. But I don't walk to the parks from Portofino, I use the boat transport which is quick and relaxing. I love the setting as I've been to Italy many times and it's got that nice nostalgia feeling for me. But the main reason I stay there is the passholder rate is much better than RPR and HRH, even in the summer season. $249 a night vs $309 a night, no brainer with the express pass included.

I was surprised that for this summer (end of August), the aph rates aren't out yet, but it's still showing PBH cheaper than RP, for standard rooms. I thought PBH always showed more than RP. We love RP, but if aph rates come out, and I can grab a suite at PB over RP, I might just have to give it a try!

I was surprised that for this summer (end of August), the aph rates aren't out yet, but it's still showing PBH cheaper than RP, for standard rooms. I thought PBH always showed more than RP. We love RP, but if aph rates come out, and I can grab a suite at PB over RP, I might just have to give it a try!

We wanted HRH for late July, but the rate for PBH was so good I had to take it. I got waterview. We have never stayed there, but it looks fabulous.

we never stayed either-did have dinner one night over there at the bar (thirsty fish or something like that!). Wouldn't mind at all giving it a try...just have to convince the dh and ds to give it a try!

the theming is much more "grand", the scale is bigger, the pool is themed nicer in my opinion, the room is much bigger and brighter, the bathroom is huge. the walk is about 5 minutes longer then royal pacific. the boat ride is the way I prefer to be transported. when you are at the portofino you feel like you are in the middle of this big village completely away from Orlando , almost like a land in epcot. in the royal pacific it doesn't have a big area that's themed, its pretty much just the lobby area and then the pool area, much smaller feel then the portofino. I didn't feel like its a big themed land I'm part of. the pictures don't do Portofino justice. when you are standing there this special feeling comes over you. this is coming from a person who looooves the Polynesian resort at Disney.

My only guess on why the deluxe hotels don't have ap rates for August out yet could be due to convention bookings

Pbh and rpr hold a lot of conventions
Rpr has the convention center in their building

Those large companies book 3-5 years out

They have a hold for rooms when they are booked and have a deadline the latest they can cancel and get a total refund

One year could not book in October for the following year due to being booked until November
some conventions cancelled and all rooms were available for the public to book

Maybe August ap rooms will be released June ?

I'm going SEptember 3rd or 4th through the 6th, 2017. I am wishing for anything. I am taking my son for his high school graduation. But we decided to go in the fall when it was much cheaper. Any suggestions??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter