APH Discounts?

If i can get two rooms at $195 a night i will probably go ahead and book them. I will arrive in FL on the 4th and leave on the 14th. The days I am not in Orlando I will be staying with my sister who lives an hour and 1/2 away. So my days are flexable. I already booked two rooms at Disney but I could still cut a few days off and head to Universal if the price is right. My Disney tickets are Non-expiring so I could use them next year.

I will definately try on the 7th, but I have been trying for the aph rate also. All 3 hotels are showing rooms available but no discounts yet.

If i can get two rooms at $195 a night i will probably go ahead and book them. I will arrive in FL on the 4th and leave on the 14th. The days I am not in Orlando I will be staying with my sister who lives an hour and 1/2 away. So my days are flexable. I already booked two rooms at Disney but I could still cut a few days off and head to Universal if the price is right. My Disney tickets are Non-expiring so I could use them next year.

I will definately try on the 7th, but I have been trying for the aph rate also. All 3 hotels are showing rooms available but no discounts yet.

go to the Loews website on June 7th and book there for the summer deals.

if the APH rate comes up prior to your trip, you can also modify your ressie.

the 3 onsite hotels are not included on the free daily $25 food/beverage credit.

wish you the best in getting the rooms at the rate you desire.

I was thinking. Maybe no APH or FL rates have been released due to Dispicable Me opening maybe July 4 th week? Maybe they will announce it soon and people might book last minute regardless the price. It's just a thought. :confused3

Summer of Loews One-Day Sale!

Take 20% off Summer rates. Book now, offer valid till 8 am EST June 8th
Check-in and chill out at a Loews Hotel this season. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to enjoy the jam-packed or laid-back time of your life with uniquely local experiences, fun games and events, and complimentary ice cream treats. Summer is simply more memorable here with great rates and exclusive offers, for business, pleasure or both.
Take 20% off our summer rates. But be quick, this offer expires soon!

*Not available at Universal Orlando Properties
*Rates only available till 8 am EST 6/8/2012
*Available for travel through 9/3/2012

"Sorry folks, park's closed. Moose out front shoulda told ya." :lmao:

I couldn't resist. :thumbsup2

however if you are truly concerned about long lines with 4 kids doesn't make a vacation....I don't think Disney in July is the answer.

I'm not here to bash Universal. I truly enjoy Disney and Universal.

But one advantage Disney does have is the ability to avoid lines without having to stay at an expensive on-site hotel or pay extra for FP/Express. We've visited during spring break and in late June and we never wait longer than 30 minutes for anything. Just like at Universal, getting there early is the key to avoid lines in the first 2 hours. But at Disney, smart use of Fastpass can help you avoid lines for the entire day.

We love staying on-site at Universal, but as a large family who also needs 2 rooms now, we probably won't be doing it again unless we can get some really good discounts.

Of course, I don't blame Universal for not offering discounts when they don't need to. Discounting rooms during peak demand times would be nice for us, but from a business perspective, it would be pretty stupid.

Summer of Loews One-Day Sale!

Take 20% off Summer rates. Book now, offer valid till 8 am EST June 8th
Check-in and chill out at a Loews Hotel this season. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to enjoy the jam-packed or laid-back time of your life with uniquely local experiences, fun games and events, and complimentary ice cream treats. Summer is simply more memorable here with great rates and exclusive offers, for business, pleasure or both.
Take 20% off our summer rates. But be quick, this offer expires soon!

*Not available at Universal Orlando Properties
*Rates only available till 8 am EST 6/8/2012
*Available for travel through 9/3/2012

"Sorry folks, park's closed. Moose out front shoulda told ya." :lmao:

I couldn't resist. :thumbsup2

It's weird because when I saw that the first time, the Universal Hotels were listed. That's why I posted it in this thread.

It's weird because when I saw that the first time, the Universal Hotels were listed. That's why I posted it in this thread.

that is what i posted earlier.
it was in my Loews email listing but not now.

that is what i posted earlier.
it was in my Loews email listing but not now.

I know that's strange, but a few days ago on the 24 hour sale banner you could scroll through the hotels. All the hotels were listed accept the 3 Orlando ones.:confused3

I'm surprised that the 3 resorts are on your list. Normally it excludes those in the past. :confused3.

That's why I questioned it since none of the onsite hotels are in the photo slide show on the Summer of Loews deal page and last years deal.
We will see.

I received the same earlier email with the Orlando properties included and as you, was surprised they were listed.

They disappeared from the link that I received on wednesday, june 6th, assummed they were originally listed in error.

If you can't find a particular rate online imo doesn't hurt to call reservations direct jik

I'm impressed the APH discount amount. It might make it worth it to buy an AP just for the discount.

My question = does only one guest in the room need the AP?

Thanks! :)

I'm impressed the APH discount amount. It might make it worth it to buy an AP just for the discount.

My question = does only one guest in the room need the AP?

Thanks! :)

if you are only interested in buying the AP for the hotel discounts, wait until you book the room until you purchase the AP.

a certain percentage of rooms are available for the APH discount.
there are usually more water views than garden views available.

if you book w/ the aph rate, then buy the ap.

if you buy the ap and don't secure the ap rate, you might be very unhappy.

anyone can book a hotel room w/ the ap rate.
you do not have to have the ap when you book.
it is when you check in that you need it to show the TM at the desk.

if you plan to buy the ap at the parks after you check into the hotel, you need to show that ap sometime during your stay in order to keep the discounted rate.
if you fail to do so, your hotel room rate becomes rack rate.

Yes. One AP is required for each room you book.

I was told I only needed one AP even though we have two rooms (connecting).We have two adults and two children total, and my reservation confirmation shows as 1 adult and 1 child in each room.

I was told I only needed one AP even though we have two rooms (connecting).We have two adults and two children total, and my reservation confirmation shows as 1 adult and 1 child in each room.

I think that is fine, it's when you get more adults.

like bluer said, you are good.

when you get a second room due to kids, never a problem using the ap for both rooms.

I booked both rooms at PBH for July 24-28 with APH rate, but I did this almost the day they appeared on the website. Maybe they have reached their fill of APH allowed rooms even though there are open rooms at different discount rates.

like bluer said, you are good.

when you get a second room due to kids, never a problem using the ap for both rooms.

Thanks. I thought I had read somewhere else that you needed to have 2 AP's to get 2 rooms. I didn't realize it was different if the 2nd room was for the same immediate family. That will make a difference for us, since we have 5 kids.

Thanks. I thought I had read somewhere else that you needed to have 2 AP's to get 2 rooms. I didn't realize it was different if the 2nd room was for the same immediate family. That will make a difference for us, since we have 5 kids.

you won't have any problem with the ap being used for 2 rooms.
you will have to list an adult in each room for the paperwork at the front desk.

you can request connecting rooms so your family can be together.

I see the APH rates just came out for the dates we'll be visiting in October. I am already booked with SMSM rates...if I change to the APH rates, (which only saves us $45 on the hotel) then decide not to purchase the AP, will loose the SMSM rate and may ending up paying more?

We are planning to buy three 2-night tix to HHN and eating in on-site restaurants for 4 days so, at best, I think we'll break even. I don't know what the discount is on HHN tix for APH holders...is it alot?

Any advice on what to do? Any chance APH rates will drop again?

Thanks to all those with expert knowledge for the insight!!!!

Edit: now the discount is gone. Maybe I mis-typed...oops ... never mind :(

I see the APH rates just came out for the dates we'll be visiting in October. I am already booked with SMSM rates...if I change to the APH rates, (which only saves us $45 on the hotel) then decide not to purchase the AP, will loose the SMSM rate and may ending up paying more?

We are planning to buy three 2-night tix to HHN and eating in on-site restaurants for 4 days so, at best, I think we'll break even. I don't know what the discount is on HHN tix for APH holders...is it alot?

Any advice on what to do? Any chance APH rates will drop again?

Thanks to all those with expert knowledge for the insight!!!!

Edit: now the discount is gone. Maybe I mis-typed...oops ... never mind :(

the ap rates have been out since April for up thru Oct 4th.
i modified my ressie w/ part of my stay to the ap rate the 3rd week of April,
by changing some days of my smsm rate to the ap rate.

i still get the 30% discount on the smsm rate as i do have 8 more days on that ressie.

so far, the dates past 10/4 have not been released.
i have no idea if more in october will be released or not.

they still are on the booking site at UO.
pbh is cheaper ($179)with that rate than the hrh ($199).
rph starts at $144 night for those october rates.

if you want to modify your smsm rate, you can call and do so.
beware that the smsm rates are discounted based on how many nights you are using them.
i think the smsm i have requires a 7 night or more stay for the largest discount.

if you decide to go with the ap rate, you would then not have the smsm rate.

if you decide not to buy the ap, you will not be switched to the smsm rate.
that has to be booked in advance of your stay.

if you modify your rate to the ap, don't buy the ap, you would end up paying rack rates.

for your other question, the ap discount for hard ticket events, hhn, is a great one!

the past years it has been one of the best deals for having an ap.
ticket prices for hhn have not been released yet so don't know if it will follow suit for this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter