Apart from your home , what has hard work earned you?

My husband already owned our house when I met him back in 1980. It was a major fixer upper that sold for 10 grand and his house payment was only $100 a month. I never contributed to it because I was only employed for a few months after we got married and then I got pregnant and didn’t go back to work for about 14 years. It was mostly just part time jobs here and there and 1 full time job that lasted 6 years. My income usually went towards extras like vacations that we were finally able to take.

" ... what has hard work earned you? "​

Arthritis - had I NOT had the jobs I did, the decades of the repetitive movements would not have occurred

Putting kids through college and helping them launch. Lately, wedding expenses, lol.

Nothing, she got it all. I was homeless with a car and my clothing and my bicycle after a lifetime of busting my rear end working 3000 hours a year.

Disney vacations, very nice entertainment stuff and the right to sit on my butt on weekends and use it. ;)

Last edited:
Well I'm not technically employed, at least not for a paycheck. I had a small stint of work during the pandemic but my family all decided they did not like me working and either did I. At the time it was needed since my husband's business was shut down. Anyhow I have worked hard through the years, the big thing has been helping my husband build his business. In turn that has given us quite a nice life. Minimal debt (cars and house) but everything should be paid off in about 5 years. The biggest thing it's given us is piece of mind and the ability to do what we want when we want it. We don't live a luxurious life but we do like to travel. It's nice to travel. Oh and our camper. I love my camper, I love going camping away from the city. It's a nice reward.

You had a very bad lawyer.
My paycheck was $1000 and child support was $1261 per pay. My lawyer was pretty good because without her, that's what I would have had to pay. I didn't want the house, she kept it but also got a new mortgage and anything else I wouldn't have had anywhere to put it since I couldn't fit much else in my Jetta.

We didn't own much other than credit card bills. She took most of that with the house so she didn't gain with the house. Anything else, since I no longer had a place to live (I had a bed to sleep in) I would have had to pile it up outside somewhere. I got what was important, I forgot about the tools. I got all my tools, probably worth more than my current residence and my car I just bought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter