AP Upgrade-Already purchased memory maker

tinkerbell1992

Earning My Ears
I have not been able to find a clear answer on this question so any help would be appreciated! I will arrive in Disney in 1 week and have decided I want to upgrade to an annual pass upon arrival. As part of the package I purchased, I already have paid for memory maker. Will the cost of this be able to be applied to my new annual pass since it includes memory maker or am I out of luck?

I have not been able to find a clear answer on this question so any help would be appreciated! I will arrive in Disney in 1 week and have decided I want to upgrade to an annual pass upon arrival. As part of the package I purchased, I already have paid for memory maker. Will the cost of this be able to be applied to my new annual pass since it includes memory maker or am I out of luck?

Tell the cast member your upgrading with and they will credit the cost towards the AP price. Or keep it for a future trip when you don't have an AP and the price has gone up and pay the costs towards the ap.

We were able to get a refund on our memory maker this summer when we upgraded to AP. It was no problem. We upgraded at guest relations on Main Street.

We were able to get a refund on our memory maker this summer when we upgraded to AP. It was no problem. We upgraded at guest relations on Main Street.
Us too. You will need to show your receipt -- luckily mine was in my email.

Tell the cast member your upgrading with and they will credit the cost towards the AP price. Or keep it for a future trip when you don't have an AP and the price has gone up and pay the costs towards the ap.

Will the credit the amount towards the AP upgrade, or will they refund the memory maker based on the original form of purchase? Just curious as we already paid for MM but are considering upgrading to AP's when we go in February. If they'll apply the $149 to the cost instead of refunding my card, I'd much prefer that.

Will the credit the amount towards the AP upgrade, or will they refund the memory maker based on the original form of purchase? Just curious as we already paid for MM but are considering upgrading to AP's when we go in February. If they'll apply the $149 to the cost instead of refunding my card, I'd much prefer that.

Depends but it's rare to hear it was refunded and not applied to the upgrade.

Depends but it's rare to hear it was refunded and not applied to the upgrade.

I might call and see if they'll refund it to a gift card so I can use it to upgrade to an AP - or would you just wait and try and do it all at once? I just want to make sure I don't lose the money for MM that we've paid and I want to make the AP upgrade as easy as possible.

We were just there a week ago and had this same question. We upgraded our park tickets to AP's at the guest service office at Epcot. They deducted the amount of the memory maker we already paid for from the upgrade price to the AP's. It worked out great.

We were just there a week ago and had this same question. We upgraded our park tickets to AP's at the guest service office at Epcot. They deducted the amount of the memory maker we already paid for from the upgrade price to the AP's. It worked out great.

That's awesome to hear they're still doing this. Based on my math I should be paying the following (and please correct me if I'm wrong):

2 Annual Pass: $1595.38
2 7 Day Park Hopper: - $935.08
Memory Maker: - $149.00

Total Upgrade Price: = $511.30

That's awesome to hear they're still doing this. Based on my math I should be paying the following (and please correct me if I'm wrong):

2 Annual Pass: $1595.38
2 7 Day Park Hopper: - $935.08
Memory Maker: - $149.00

Total Upgrade Price: = $511.30

That sounds right to me.

I might call and see if they'll refund it to a gift card so I can use it to upgrade to an AP - or would you just wait and try and do it all at once? I just want to make sure I don't lose the money for MM that we've paid and I want to make the AP upgrade as easy as possible.

You're worried for no reason. This is a common thing that happens. Also life changes, maybe by the time you go to upgrade you decide to not upgrade and miss out on the $20 less memory maker.

You're worried for no reason. This is a common thing that happens. Also life changes, maybe by the time you go to upgrade you decide to not upgrade and miss out on the $20 less memory maker.

Fair enough. I'll leave it alone. Sometimes Disney just stresses me out even though it's my happy place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter