• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Upcoming Price

MinnieLee

DIS Veteran
I read that AP prices are going up in August. Anyone know when in August and how much of an increase?

would love to know the inside scoop as well. We are going 8/4 and are wondering if we should renew now or wait till we get there.

WDW has never been on a set schedule of price increases, and Aug could be possible. Typically, WDW will announce on a Fri. that prices will increase and it will take place on that Sun. of same weekend. They give you a bit of notice but not much.

I have found it best to stay in tune as you feel like you are financially ready to make the purchase, and be ready to move on it quickly if this does happen. To avoid the risk altogether, buy ASAP then your nerves wont be frazzled.

We just renewed ours through DVC over the phone and it was a breeze.

We have a trip planned for Dec. Can I save myself a few $$ if I order the pass now even if I won't use until Dec? When would my 365 days start - immediately or the first day I use it in Dec?

We have a trip planned for Dec. Can I save myself a few $$ if I order the pass now even if I won't use until Dec? When would my 365 days start - immediately or the first day I use it in Dec?

You may order your pass now. You will either get a will call number, or for a fee ($3 I think), they will mail you a voucher. When you redeem the voucher or will call number at Guest Services either at a park or DtD, the pass will start that day and expire one year from that date.

Does anyone know if the AP pass price increase will also affect regular park-hopper passes? I only go once a year, so an AP doesn't really work for me. I'd rather get a no-exp ticket and go when I desire. If I hear the prices are going up, I may buy add'l no-exp tickets beforehand.

Thanks!

In this lousy economy, raising the ticket prices makes perfect sense.:idea::sad2:

Does anyone know if the AP pass price increase will also affect regular park-hopper passes? I only go once a year, so an AP doesn't really work for me. I'd rather get a no-exp ticket and go when I desire. If I hear the prices are going up, I may buy add'l no-exp tickets beforehand.

Thanks!

No one (except Disney) even knows if there will be a price increase. The August increase has only been the last 2 or 3 years, prior to that they were all over the place, some years had 2, even 3, increases while other years had none.

And while AP increases are often accompanied by MYW increases, there have also been instances when each ticket type has increased independent of the others.

Rumor on the theme park boards is 8/2 prices go up for EVERYTHING across the board.

I am debating buying a new DVC vs waiting to renew. Mine expires 12/17 and my next trip is 1/10.... Decisions, decisions.

You may order your pass now. You will either get a will call number, or for a fee ($3 I think), they will mail you a voucher. When you redeem the voucher or will call number at Guest Services either at a park or DtD, the pass will start that day and expire one year from that date.

Does this apply to AP renewals as well? I thought the renewals were based on the date the original AP was 1st used. I purchased an AP for the 1st time this year. I'm thinking of renewing it because I have 2 tentative trips planned for next year. It doesn't expire until Jan. If I renewed now would I receive an AP renewal voucher that would start in Jan.?

Does this apply to AP renewals as well? I thought the renewals were based on the date the original AP was 1st used. I purchased an AP for the 1st time this year. I'm thinking of renewing it because I have 2 tentative trips planned for next year. It doesn't expire until Jan. If I renewed now would I receive an AP renewal voucher that would start in Jan.?

You are allowed to renew within 30 days, before or after, the expiration of the original pass, so I doubt you can purchase renewal vouchers outside that window.

When you redeem the renewal voucher, the expiration date of the new pass will be one year after the expiration date of the original pass.

You are allowed to renew within 30 days, before or after, the expiration of the original pass, so I doubt you can purchase renewal vouchers outside that window.

When you redeem the renewal voucher, the expiration date of the new pass will be one year after the expiration date of the original pass.

That explains it then! Thank you.

so...i've been wondering about this recently, as well - and i want to make sure i have it right....

we will not be back to WDW until next may (2010), but in anticipation of the rumored price increases, i was thinking about purchasing our DVC AP's over the next couple of weeks.

am i safe in assuming that even though i'm purchasing 10 months ahead of time, the clock will still not start on those AP's until the first time that they're used next may? and out of curiosity - would the same hold true if i bought an AP now and didn't activate it for 2 or 3 or 4 years?

am i safe in assuming that even though i'm purchasing 10 months ahead of time, the clock will still not start on those AP's until the first time that they're used next may? and out of curiosity - would the same hold true if i bought an AP now and didn't activate it for 2 or 3 or 4 years?

This is correct if you are buying a new pass. You receive a voucher - not the actual pass and may exchange it for the pass at any time - even 2-3 years out.

You CAN purchase a renewal voucher ahead of time, to be used when you are ready to renew. I did it a couple of months ago (in fact I purchased 2 renewal vouchers so I have one in reserve). I couldn't find a link to do this on the member website so I posted a thread and BirdsOfPreyDave told me to call 407-560-PASS (7277). I did and got the renewal voucher in the mail. Here is a link to that thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2178200

This is correct if you are buying a new pass. You receive a voucher - not the actual pass and may exchange it for the pass at any time - even 2-3 years out.

thanks! good to know...i'll probably plan to pick up our vouchers over the next couple of weeks, then. when next may rolls around, i'll just have to remember where i've stored them!

You CAN purchase a renewal voucher ahead of time, to be used when you are ready to renew. I did it a couple of months ago (in fact I purchased 2 renewal vouchers so I have one in reserve). I couldn't find a link to do this on the member website so I posted a thread and BirdsOfPreyDave told me to call 407-560-PASS (7277). I did and got the renewal voucher in the mail. Here is a link to that thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2178200

Thanks, I thought I was the only one that did this. You can purchase a renewal online through the passholder website too. Just click renew and it takes you to the purchase screen and you purchase a renewal will call. I did this last year in August and exchanged it in October for my renewal pass and it was not problem at all.

That explains it then! Thank you.

My AP expires in late Oct. and in the last few years , I have renewed it online to beat the price increase in Aug way before 30days window talked about. I have not done it this year yet but will be in a week or so. Just log in with pass number ....:goodvibes

In this lousy economy, raising the ticket prices makes perfect sense.:idea::sad2:

Right now the increase is a rumor based on past years, I agree with the recent cutbacks in service at the parks, I would really think a ticket increase is a bad PR move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter