AP room rates

rob'n

DIS Veteran
What, if anything, have you all heard about the continuance of AP rates for room only ressies? I know there are some in effect now.

We are contemplating purchasing our first Ap's for our family. We are planning a trip for the fall for 10 days and I don't see the MYW doing anything to help us. When we went last year we got a pretty good room only code but after reading the boards, I am not sure if that will even be offered.

Right now I am just waiting to see what happens. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year!

rob'n said:
What, if anything, have you all heard about the continuance of AP rates for room only ressies? I know there are some in effect now.

We are contemplating purchasing our first Ap's for our family. We are planning a trip for the fall for 10 days and I don't see the MYW doing anything to help us. When we went last year we got a pretty good room only code but after reading the boards, I am not sure if that will even be offered.

Right now I am just waiting to see what happens. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year!

Hi,

We are AP holders and do believe that the resort discounts will continue but that they will be more in line to how they were pre-Sept 11th. Which means they will come out closer to when they can be used and limited. The intent of the AP discount is to fill rooms 30 to 60days out that they could not fill at rack rate. The theory being better to fill a room at a discount then have an empty room. We have gotten spoiled over the last few years but now that travel is picking up agan I think you are going to see things start to swing back to the way they were before Sept 11th.

IMO an AP should be bought for the discount you are getting on park entrance any other discounts are extra. We just renewed our APs for $361 inc. taxes for the time frame of 02-01-05 through 02-01-06. We are going to go for four days over the summer, seven days in Nov 05 and then six days in Jan 06 so even without the resort discounts it is the best way to go.

Hi Tiffany,

Thanks for the reply. That was basically our thinking as well...if we could get a couple of trips out of the passes it would be worth it for us. We'd also get some discounts on dining and merchandise as well, correct? If we went with the MYW tickets it would be about 100 less...with the ap's we could go twice and have all tickets paid for...and like you said, when you renew, the price is even lower!

It would be nice to get the room discount but I won't plan on it and "budget"..hahaha...accordingly. We'll just wait and see.

Thanks, again!
Robin

rob'n said:
Hi Tiffany,

Thanks for the reply. That was basically our thinking as well...if we could get a couple of trips out of the passes it would be worth it for us. We'd also get some discounts on dining and merchandise as well, correct? If we went with the MYW tickets it would be about 100 less...with the ap's we could go twice and have all tickets paid for...and like you said, when you renew, the price is even lower!

It would be nice to get the room discount but I won't plan on it and "budget"..hahaha...accordingly. We'll just wait and see.

Thanks, again!
Robin

Hi Robin,

You are welcome. Yes you do get discounts on other things like boating, shopping at some stores, some meals in some places, mini golf and rental cars.

Tiffany...have a great trip to AKL! We have been hesitant to try the resort becasue of the transportation times...we have three children...we last were at WL last and are going for BC this time.

I have heard AKL is amazing...maybe with these AP's...DH and I can go for a solo long weekend trip to try out AKL...yeah, right! Like my kids are going to go for that one!! :D

Travel safely!
Robin

rob'n said:
Tiffany...have a great trip to AKL! We have been hesitant to try the resort becasue of the transportation times...we have three children...we last were at WL last and are going for BC this time.

I have heard AKL is amazing...maybe with these AP's...DH and I can go for a solo long weekend trip to try out AKL...yeah, right! Like my kids are going to go for that one!! :D

Travel safely!
Robin

Thanks Robin. The AKL is amazing and the transportation is outstanding. We have never waited more then the expected 15 to 20minutes for a bus and the longest trip is to the MK and the ride is 10 to 15mins at the most.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter