AP Renewal question...

recmouse

DIS Veteran
I've called Disney twice and have gotten different answers so I'm asking here...

My current Gold AP expires December 4th. We will be in Disney this year from November 30th to December 8th. My fastpass date for that trip is October 1st.

Can I renew my AP's now so I can make my fastpasses through my December trip? Is it too early to renew them? If I renew them now will they seamlessly continue once December 4th hits?

TIA

To get your renewal discount rate, it is 60 days before expiration date until 30 days after. When you renew it will start on your expiration date and will run seamlessly.

To get your renewal discount rate, it is 60 days before expiration date until 30 days after. When you renew it will start on your expiration date and will run seamlessly.
So that would mean that my 60 day renewal date is after my fastpass date... correct? So does that mean I won't be able to make fastpasses for my length of stay?

So that would mean that my 60 day renewal date is after my fastpass date... correct? So does that mean I won't be able to make fastpasses for my length of stay?
Call Disney now and they have a special procedure that allows renewing your AP early to accommodate just such a situation.

Call Disney now and they have a special procedure that allows renewing your AP early to accommodate just such a situation.

Who do you suggest I call? DVC or the Passholder phone number? I called the Passholder number earlier today and she told me to renew it online but didn't answer this question for me. She seemed as confused as I was. Of course I couldn't try to do online as everything Disney isn't currently working!

Who do you suggest I call? DVC or the Passholder phone number? I called the Passholder number earlier today and she told me to renew it online but didn't answer this question for me. She seemed as confused as I was. Of course I couldn't try to do online as everything Disney isn't currently working!

Call WDW Ticketing:

(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Last edited:
We’ve had that problem. The people at the passholder phone line fixed it. You don’t have to renew early. The tech team works some magic so you can book fp for those days.

Call WDW Ticketing:

(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Thank you! Although it was a 35 minute hold time - once I got through, she worked her magic! Thanks again for the assistance

Thank you! Although it was a 35 minute hold time - once I got through, she worked her magic! Thanks again for the assistance
So glad it worked for you!
Thanks for letting me know.
The info keeps my files up to date so I can stay current for new posters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter