AP RATE CHECK-IN QUESTION - Help!

gopherit

I'm not in the book, you know.
I have an awesome AP rate for PBH and plan to now order my AP.

Will I need to hit the kiosk and get my AP first before I can check in, since I have to present a "valid AP"? Is it worth having my AP expressed to me in order to have it in hand when we check in? And if I DO have the AP sent to me, will I be able to use it for check-in if it hasn't been activated yet?

How will this work - can we park at hotel, despite not being able to check in until we have an AP in hand? Wewill probably roll into Orlando around 8-9 am and thought we would hit the parks pronto, even though check in isn't until 4 pm. Can I check in anyway sans the AP and just accept a higher rate until I can come back and show them, look, see, I do have one? ((After all they typically don't bill until you check out anyway). I hate the thought of paying for parking at US just to activate my AP.
I am not very AP or US savvy - help!

First off, if you're staying on site you're gonna be paying to park, even with an AP. Unless you manage to get away with it with a little fib or two ;)
Lets say you weren't staying on site and were parking in the parking lot. In the T+C's of the AP, it says that your parking on your first visit when you pick up your pass is not free.
As for showing the AP, I have used an AP rate twice and AAA once, we never had to show AAA but for AP I had to show it once.
There's nothing to stop you trying to check in though, if you meet an objection with the AP, show em your receipts or whatever you have, if they still won't budge, stop your check in and go get the pass sorted :)
Your AP is not valid until you get your photo taken by guest services either so there is not much use gettign it sent to you, all they send is a voucher.

they won't give you a problem checking in without the ap. i didn't have mine and wasn't even asked to bring it back later when i picked it up. others on these boards have said that they were just told to bring it back later or they would have to pay the full price. the second time, never even asked for it.

:cool1: When I booked HRH last summer with APH rate,I also was a little nervous about checking in without my pass in hand.They never asked for it at all!!!I waited to get my pass on our first visit to the park.I guess they might ask you to show it sometime during your stay,I have heard about this happening. :surfweb:

we are in the same boat we would like to check in earlier to get fotl passes and then go get our tickets, but I will go with the flow what evry will be will be. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter