AP rate $129 or $99

LisaRay

DIS Veteran
I have been reading alot about the AP rates good till June 30th and I have noticed that some people are getting the DLH for $129 and some for $99. Can anyone tell me what the difference is? The travel times all were in June. So I don't know if it is the view or maybe weekend vs. weekday?

Anyone know?? :confused:

The price differnce is the view! I was given $99 for lower pool view or $129 for upper pool view or park view. This was for the middle of June Sunday- Wednesday at the DL hotel.
I hope this helps!
Laura :)

Well it actually just confuses me more. LOL

I just called and was quoted $129 for a lower level pool view. But it was for 6 nites so some of that would have been on a weekend. Makes me think that is the problem. I wonder if I am paying the $129 rate just because one of my nights falls on a weekend. Instead of $99 during the week and then $129 on the weekend? Who knows. I'm gonna try to figure this out because it's starting to annoy me. I'm on a mission now :)

Thanks for your help though.

LisaRay, some people have posted that they had to make seperate reservations for the weekday and weekend rates, to get the good rates. ??? I had never heard of that before.

LisaRay, that's exactly what it is -- the rate for a standard room is $129 on Friday and Saturday nights (and possibly some holidays) and $99 on Sunday through Thursday. You can get around this by making two reservations. Then when you check in, make sure the desk clerk knows you have two reservations. They can usually mark your account "continuing" so that you won't have to change rooms.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

That is exactly what we did but we had to make 3 sep. ressies because we are staying sat night at $129, 5 weekdays at $99 & fri at $129.00.. Had a wonderful CM who suggested this to me so we could save $30.00 (plus tax on the weekday nights)

Also if you travel is in two "seasons" you will be charged for the "season" you check in in, even if it is only one day. So be carefull when you book. Disney seems to like to play games.

So I guess I should cancel my Disney Club special priced ressies, book some AP Ressies, and buy AP's when I get there?

I think I'm still paying about $199-249 a night with the DC discount, so those prices will MORE than pay for AP's.

Let's see. 9 nights at a savings of about $100 per night = $900 plus the resort taxes of 10-11% = about $1000 savings.

Yep. Now to find out if DL Travel will turn my ressies upside down like that. ;)

Floydian I would say cancel, cancel, cancel and rebook.. Don't have to have your A/P until you check in and you can even order them over the phone and they will fed ex them to you.. or wait until you arrive, go buy your a/p (save $10.00 w/Disney Club card per A/P) and then check in... (DC discount only good in person purchase) There are so many great deals out there right now.

I know that I can buy them before we go...

I am trying to wait to see if they offer any better deals on passes before we go.

I am just debating on whether to buy the whole family AP's or to take advantage of one of the other deals like buy an adult hopper and get a child hopper for free

or...

buy an adult hopper pass at the child's price...

It would be great if they offered the AP's 2 for the price of 1--lol! That is too much to hope for!

Sue:cool:

Well, I just got off the phone with a lady at DL Reservations, and this is what she told me.

1) The current AP Rates are $129 Sun-Thur, $159 Fri-Sat. :(

2) I cannot reserve the room at those rates unless I am a current Annual Pass holder. :confused:

insert an hour of time here :rolleyes:

So, after calling the ticket folks and having the wonderful lady there do some checking, I called back to DL Reservations, and spoke to Linda, who took care of my vacation needs. :)

First of all, she quoted me rates of $129 Pool View, $159 Park View, $204 Pool Concierge, $224 Park Concierge. I asked if the rates were different for weekdays versus weekends, and she said they were not. :confused: So for me at least, it came out to $129 for each and every night. Hmmm

Secondly, she never asked if I was a current AP holder or not, and just told me I needed to show my AP upon check-in to get that rate. So, I didn't even have to lie to get the discount. As long as I have the AP in my hand at the time of check-in, all will be well. If not, I'm sure we'll be paying "rack rate", which could be as much as double. :eek:

So anyway, thank you for allowing me to stumble upon these rates! ;) By my calculations, we'll be getting the same room PLUS Premium AP's for about $850 LESS than what we were going to pay for the discounted Room and 6-Day park passes package that we had reserved! :bounce: And that was even after doing research and determining that the package was a good deal when compared to a room and tickets booked seperately using the DC discount.

So anyway, there's my 2 bits.....scrolls up and reviews his post.....make that about 250 bits. :D

The higher rates (besides the weekend,weekday nite difference) must be because of the dates you are going? I am going first week of June and got the $99 weekday/$129 weekend rate for Sierra tower, upper floor, downtown disney view "quiet room requested"- this is what i was ASSIGNED not a request. They offered the pool or DTD view..... then I called them back to get split ressies for the better rates. I also have 5 people in my party - I wonder if that has something to do with it as well? You can always call back and see if you get better quotes. The first CM I talked to was not very forthcoming on info- I then called on a Saturday afternoon and got a great CM who called me back to give me the better price and offered a slew of tips/info - btw you need to request coffee maker if you want one- its free but not usually in the room. And the resort tax is a whooping 15% !! plus an extra $6 a day for self parking/newspaper/local calls..... still ......... its such an awesome deal and you dont need the AP until you arrive! You can purchase an AP voucher ahead of time- Disney Store has them - but it is not active until first day of use! Another great idea is to split your reservation with Disney Travel at a good neighbor hotel for a few days (get the free kids passes as the pkg) then go to Disneyland Hotel for the rest of your stay. Saves you $111 a piece for a 4 day kid hopper this way (but you can't turn these into APs ... bummer...)
Good luck!

Floydian.... Good for you in getting a better deal and saving that much money.. Now you have more to spend in Disneyland.... It took me 3 calls to get our deal worked out.. Seems each CM has a different attitude and on the 3rd try I got a real sweetie who worked a great deal for us :D I love the Disneyland Hotel and we will be there for 7 nights at the end of April. Can hardly wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter