AP Questions and Ticket Advice

nighttowll

DIS Veteran
I've got a Preffered Pass, but I'm trying to figure out tickets for some friends coming with. At first, we were looking at Season Passes through AAA. Now I'm not so sure. Dates are March 18th through the 25th. I know we will do at least 4 park days, possibly 5 to 6. We were also hoping to use the season passes next year for spring break, but as the school hasn't posted the dates yet, there's no guarantee the dates won't be blocked out. I also just realized 2 of our possible days are concert days, meaning no Universal Studios access those days.

So, I was thinking the better option might be to get the 2 day + 2 day free park to park tickets instead. We wouldn't have to worry about the concert black out dates this way, and we could upgrade them at the end of the trip if we do decide to go more than 4 days.

AAA Price 2 day + 2 free $237.48 (with tax)
UT Price 2 day + 2 free $242.95 (with tax)

AAA Price Season Pass $293.93 (with tax)
Universal Website Price Season Pass $303.52 (with tax)

Saturday arrive late morning - possible half day (only if we get the season passes) (concert)
Sunday - park day (concert)
Monday - park day
Tuesday - Space Center
Wednesday - park day
Thursday - park day
Friday - possible beach or park day
Saturday - leave in the morning

Here's my delima:
If we for sure only do 4 days, the 4 days will be cheaper by $60 per ticket than season passes. If we do more than 4 days, and they don't bridge, it will be more expensive by about $10 per ticket to wait, unless the gate prices are higher than the website or the season pass price increases again.

Here are my questions:

Can someone confirm that the Season Pass is based on 365 days from date of use (excluding blackout dates) and not a calendar year? So March to March in our case, not Jan to Dec.

Has anyone had any experience with them bridging the 2 park 2 day + 2 extra ticket?

Is there any benefit to buying either through UT or AAA as far as upgrading later?
Would one be more likely to bridge? Or is it possible to upgrade to a Triple A Season Pass from a Triple A ticket?

Is the gate price higher than the website price for season passes? Or is the above price what I should expect to pay the difference to upgrade to?

When does the AP date start? From date of AP or date of first use of the original ticket?

Any advice?

All APs are based on first use/activation, not a calendar year. Including season pass.

Editing to add. If you upgrade from a ticket the AP should go from the date you used your ticket first.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter