AP questions and assistance

hobbes4444

Mouseketeer
So I'm doing the math and trying to sort out whether an AP will help for our upcoming April trip for a family of 4 (all adult aged). We are traveling 4/13-19 which would split current and upcoming AP discount periods. But if I understand the expiration dates, the discount through 4/14 expires in April. So we may be able to piece something together once the late April discounts become available. That of course assumes there are rooms ava at the current discount rate for APs.

Could someone please check to see if AP discount rooms available for the Beach Club Villas, 1BR for April 13-14?

Right now I have a discounted sun and fun MYW package at BCV, 1BR with 4x6-day Hopper+ tickets at $6400, adding the PhotoPass, approx $6580.

The sun and fun room only rate ($656+tax, 10% discount) with 3x6-day PH+ and 1 regular AP is $6800.

The only difference between those two "packages", other than the ability of one person to return this year on the AP, would be the lack of a plus option on the ticket for the AP holder, right? Am I correct that the AP photo pass is the same as the $199 Memory Maker?

So unless I'm missing something, it would seem that buying the AP would make sense if I can get a room and a discount of more than 15%, right? Or am I missing something?? Big IF's I know with BCV. But there are rooms out there for my dates right now.

Thanks for the help. It's been about 15 years since I've had an AP and done this kind of comparison. . .

So we did pretty much what you are looking at doing last May. I bought the AP, got the discounts, and we are now going back this May 11 months later. I absolutely think it's worth it. (also, I checked your April dates and there is not an AP discount showing, but that doesn't mean the new round of AP discounts won't get you something). Here's why we did it:
Memory maker is FREE with an AP- included in the price
You get a 10% discount on all Disney owned and operated restaurants with the AP. Not really a factor if you are a meal plan person, but we tend to do better on our own.
You also get a discount (10%?) on all disney merch.
You will most likely be able to find a discount. Now, I'm not sure if it will specifically be a 1 BR at BCV. We found that we had to be flexible with the AP discount. We did a split stay in May with a Poly villa and then 2 rooms at YC. We are similarly ready to make some changes to our initial resort choice once the discount comes out hopefully this week. Last year we were able to score 35% off both rooms.
I have no idea about adding a plus option on- someone else can probably speak to that. I get mega grossed out by water parks, so I will not be using any kind of plus ticket. Blech.
It is 100% worth it in my opinion if you are planning to go back in the next 12 months. We will get another AP in November 19 when we go again, then plan to use it hopefully a couple more times before it expires.

Hopefully that answers some of your questions, and if you have more I'm happy to answer from our somewhat limited experience!

Merchandise discount is 20% in most places. A few (usually the ones at Disney Springs) places have varying merchandise discounts.

There are two AP options for persons who are not Florida residents or DVC members - the platinum, and the platinum plus. Platinum is theme park admission only. Platinum plus includes admission to water parks, ESPN Wide World of Sports and a golf course. It's also possible to buy admission to any of those separately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter