• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Question

Master Gracie

Mouseketeer
My wife and I have decided to take a spur of the moment trip. As we plan on returning to WDW in October with the extended family, we have decided that it is time to take the plunge and invest in annual passes. Here is the problem...our local Disney Store (perhaps all Disney Stores) do not sell annual passes. Our plane touches down in Orlando at 11:12 PM next Tuesday night. I assume that cuts out any chance of getting them at MCO. I don't think I'm trusting enough to buy them online and expect them here before Tuesday, even with overnight delivery.

So, is my only option to purchase them at the gate, or does the Guest Services Center in Downtown Disney (the one that activates vouchers) sell the passes as well. I figure if we get to the hotel at midnight, we might still be able to hop a bus to DTD and grab them, if Guest Services is still open.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

MG

Master Gracie said:
My wife and I have decided to take a spur of the moment trip. As we plan on returning to WDW in October with the extended family, we have decided that it is time to take the plunge and invest in annual passes. Here is the problem...our local Disney Store (perhaps all Disney Stores) do not sell annual passes. Our plane touches down in Orlando at 11:12 PM next Tuesday night. I assume that cuts out any chance of getting them at MCO. I don't think I'm trusting enough to buy them online and expect them here before Tuesday, even with overnight delivery.

So, is my only option to purchase them at the gate, or does the Guest Services Center in Downtown Disney (the one that activates vouchers) sell the passes as well. I figure if we get to the hotel at midnight, we might still be able to hop a bus to DTD and grab them, if Guest Services is still open.

MG

We have bought Park Hoppers at Guest Services at DTD, I am sure they also sell APs.

Ted

I just wanted to let you know, I ordered my AP on Sat (1/29 ) at 10pm and recieved it on Mon or Tues (LOL! I can't remember two days ago!!) using the $10 delivery fee. The site said by Sat, so they were giving themselves some time. I was a bit worried about the delivery with the regular service so went with the express. Guess I shouldn't have worried.

I've usually just purchased my APs at the Guest Services window at a park.

It's a fast and painless process... very easy to do, especially as you'll be traveling at a non-peak time.

Yes you can get them at dtd but by the time you get their guest services will be closed it would be a waist of time to get on a bus sorry but you can get them at guest services at the park

I didn't read that part. Yeah, Guest Services will be closed by then. I'd get them at the gate in the morning.

Ted

I think because of your late arrival your only option is to get your passes at the gate in the morning.

If you are getting an AP rate at your resort, sometimes the CM will not even ask you for your AP, but if they do, they will allow you to come back the next day and show it to get the AP rate.

Don't worry; you can get your AP at any Guest Relations window or ticket window at the parks and it only takes about 10 minutes.

Master Gracie said:

MG

What type of AP are you looking at purchasing? A Premium Ann pass?

I may have a solution.... key word... may.

We were just going to go with the standard APs. I don't know that we would get the usage out of the premiums to warrant the extra money. Thank you all for the advice. If getting them at the park is a 10 minute process, I think that is the way we will go.

I wish it were Tuesday.

Ok,

If you were getting a premium, I had a "possible" solution for after 11:45, but yeah... If the CM is fast with the ticketing system, it takes less than a minute to sell an AP. It just takes a second to type in your name & information - that and explaining the ticket are the longest parts of the transaction.

I believe if you want the advance purchace discount you can call Disney or go online and order/pay for them and tell them you'll get them "Will Call". You go to any guest relations window and pick them up in just a couple minutes.

It won't save you a huge amount of money, but probably enough for a couple adult beverages at the Rose and Crown!

Is there an advance purchase discount for an AP? I thought I had always heard that there wasn't. Anyone know for sure?

WDW LOVR said:
you can call Disney or go online and order/pay for them and tell them you'll get them "Will Call". You go to any guest relations window and pick them up in just a couple minutes.

This is what I did a few weeks ago when we planned a last minute trip. I called on Thursday and we left on Saturday so no time for them to mail it to me. They just gave me a confirmation number. When I checked in (we were using an ap hotel discount code) they asked about the ap but I only had the confirmation number. They said that was fine just check back later once I had the actual pass. We then took a boat over to the MK and they had my pass for me in no time.

I don't think I got any kind of a discount on my basic ap but I didn't ask about any either.

That's the way I did my first AP (PAP actually). I ordered online, will call, picked it up when I got there. :)

No, there is no advance purchase discount on APs

I would just get the APs at the park gate on your first morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter