AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Hey! Maybe someone can clarify this for me

So my pass was expiring in October 2020 last year. I elected for the refund in august and canceled it. I'm heading back to WDW in May, will i be allowed to renew or repurchase my AP? Any info or clarification helps, thank you!

You need to call to be put on the list to purchase an AP. You should be eligible to purchase a new pass but I cannot speak for how things will be in May

Sorry to ask something I should be able to find, but I have read several pages and am just not finding the info. If we changed our mind about our cancelled passes, where do we call to get the process started for new passes? We would like to buy DVC Gold passes. Thanks!

Sorry to ask something I should be able to find, but I have read several pages and am just not finding the info. If we changed our mind about our cancelled passes, where do we call to get the process started for new passes? We would like to buy DVC Gold passes. Thanks!

407-939-7277

Still waiting for my AP refund. I originally requested it in June. Member services can provide zero information. I finally opened up a dispute with chase to get some of my money back due to Disney's lack of communication and inability to provide me with the partial AP refund 8 months later.

I wish they would just open AP sales back up. I assume part of the original halting of sales was due to no park hopping, but that's partly allowed now. We would mostly qualify to buy them with a call back as we cancelled our passes in August through the email (DD16's didn't cancel though...no email for her.)...but I really don't want to call and then wait a month to get a call back to buy over the phone. We have a DVC trip planned for mid-April but we haven't bought any tix yet, so we have no park reservations. I'm not even sure the trip will happen (covid restrictions/school policy, etc) so I'm loathe to buy dated tix too far in advance.... I would much prefer to buy AP that could be used almost anytime. And if they're planning to come out with a new version of pass, just do it already, lol.

Just know that I called about a month ago and just got a call back today (2 days short of a month later).
Just know that I called about a month ago and just got a call back today (2 days short of a month later).
What???!!!?? It took them 28 days to call you back? I just called this past weekend and was told someone would call me back within seven days after they "research" my records to "tell me my options". What kind of research is happening that takes that long?

Sheesh. I can't believe I have to work this hard and wait this long to give someone $1300x2 of my business.

What???!!!?? It took them 28 days to call you back? I just called this past weekend and was told someone would call me back within seven days after they "research" my records to "tell me my options". What kind of research is happening that takes that long?

Sheesh. I can't believe I have to work this hard and wait this long to give someone $1300x2 of my business.

On the other hand, when I bought my new pass, he was able to confirm my eligibility on the same call when I made the request and I was able to purchase at that same time. Part of that might have been because I only have a single ticket for myself, which might have made it more straightforward in their system, and I know I got really lucky on that front compared to other reports here, but there just seems to be no consistency or predictability to any of it. You would think by now Disney would have things figured out to make everything go smoothly for their CMs and customers, but nope. :(

Is anyone else still waiting on their refund from over the summer, when they offered a partial refund for the park closure period or the extension? I've called and emailed so many times and just kept getting told that my case has been escalated, but it's been about 8 months since I requested that...they've also confirmed that I am owed a refund and gave me an amount. I'm good being patient with the amount of requested they're dealing with, but this is pretty annoying.

Is anyone else still waiting on their refund from over the summer, when they offered a partial refund for the park closure period or the extension? I've called and emailed so many times and just kept getting told that my case has been escalated, but it's been about 8 months since I requested that...they've also confirmed that I am owed a refund and gave me an amount. I'm good being patient with the amount of requested they're dealing with, but this is pretty annoying.

I just received the last refund I was waiting on yesterday

I am still waiting on my refund That I asked for as soon as they announced them. I too keep getting escalated but getting nowhere.

Question for the group (sorry if it has been asked recently) - we renewed our APs and plan to use them in March.

Do we need to get a new physical AP card from GS the next time we are at WDW?

It's all updated in MDE. Our "tickets" are registering and our new expiration date is reflected online however, our old exp. date is written in sharpie on the back of cards. Will this be an issue? Thanks!

Question for the group (sorry if it has been asked recently) - we renewed our APs and plan to use them in March.

Do we need to get a new physical AP card from GS the next time we are at WDW?

It's all updated in MDE. Our "tickets" are registering and our new expiration date is reflected online however, our old exp. date is written in sharpie on the back of cards. Will this be an issue? Thanks!
Usually its not an issue until you hit a cm that really checks the date when using it for your discounts. Ive never had an issue when entering ans only had a problem in December when I went to purchase something after using the same card for 3 years.
Also any mb linked to your name will work fine

It's day 262 since I first contacted Disney and asked to cancel our passes for a refund. We received half of our refund in November and are still waiting on the other half. I called them on 12/11/2020 and asked for a status. They were able to provide me with the remaining amount I should be receiving and was told it would be here in "8 - 12 weeks". That means it should be here by 3/18/2021 at the latest. I'm trying to be patient, but this is ridiculous. We will no longer be buying annual passes and just stick to regular tickets if we ever decide to go back. I realize this was likely a once-in-a-lifetime event, but I have zero trust in Disney at this point.

Yes... requested refund via online portal on 08/11/20. Oct 2nd my daughter's refund was put back on my CC... I'm still waiting on mine. The AP disappeared from MDE account about 2 weeks ago. I will call again tomorrow morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter