AP discount on Room

MinnieVanMom

DIS Veteran
I read just a quick little one line sentence in another post and it said something about as an AP holder to book just one adult in room for the best discount.

I hold a dream AP and was just curious about how to get the best discount on a Disney hotel room if it would be possible.

i am interested in finding out about this too and have read the link posted to the old thread but i just cant follow the thread and dont understand it at all! how can you book one adult on package and then the others get to stay in hotel free (even if they arent getting tickets)? surely they would still have to pay for the accomodation? can someone explain this to me as if you were speaking to a child or an idiot? :rotfl:

i am interested in finding out about this too and have read the link posted to the old thread but i just cant follow the thread and dont understand it at all! how can you book one adult on package and then the others get to stay in hotel free (even if they arent getting tickets)? surely they would still have to pay for the accomodation? can someone explain this to me as if you were speaking to a child or an idiot? :rotfl:

Normally when you book a hotel (non-Disney) you don't pay per person, you pay per room.

It's sort of the same with Disney to an extent but they charge extra for each persons park passes. So the total price you pay for a room is

fixed price for room only + (n x tickets cost). n being people in the room.

I'll fill in the above with numbers to make more sense!

Example: Fixed price for room = £500. Tickets cost £150 and there's 2 adults. This would be £500 + (2 x £150) = £800.

If you had one adult less the room would only cost £650.

Disney don't show you any of this breakdown though, they just give you the total.

We're a family of 4 (2 adults 2 kids under 7). So when we book I'll get a room for 1 adult and 2 children. This will give us park passes for my gf and 2 for my kids (under kids stay and play free). I then have my AP to cover my park tickets and to get us money off in restaurants/shops. So when we show up at the hotel, I will just add myself to the booking on a room only basis. Apparently they're supposed to make you pay a euro per night tax but I've never been asked to.

Even if all of the family have AP's you can still save money as the room only rates aren't normally as well discounted as the package rates. On my next holiday I was quoted 4nts room only at the Cheyenne in December For £280. The price of a package for 1 adults and 2 kids was £240.

i kind of get it...thanks!!! i like the fact that i was able to book cheyenne for the four of us through expedia for £64 per night...but what is cheapest way for me to get tickets..Aps? x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter