Ap Discount For Concierge At Akl

nixieh

Here in rainy London wishing we were in sunny Flor
Can anyone tell me whether in the past Concierge rooms have been discounted at the same rate as other rooms at AKL for AP holders. I appreciate that with the new Best Rate programme things are changing but I just wondered how it worked previously. (Hope that makes sense!)

Thanks in advance

:wave:

Nicola

nixieh said:
Can anyone tell me whether in the past Concierge rooms have been discounted at the same rate as other rooms at AKL for AP holders. I appreciate that with the new Best Rate programme things are changing but I just wondered how it worked previously. (Hope that makes sense!)

Thanks in advance

:wave:

Nicola

We are staying at the AKL in January. Most of our stay will be in a standard room, but ourlast to nights will be concierge level so we can hopefully do the Sunrise and Sunset Safaris. We have been told there are AP rates (we are going during value season). Last year at the time we are going a concierge room was $360 plus tax.

In the past (and currently!)the concierge rooms have been discounted. They've been discounted the same as the other rooms, ie 80 dollars off deluxe, percent off deluxe, etc. So far the suites have yet to be discounted.
Happy planning, and have a WILD time at AKL!
Debbie

A few days ago I checked the "Best Rates" rates at AKL for late Nov/early Dec and the discount was $70 for all room types. Concierge level rooms were listed as $365/night plus tax. Rack rate is $435/night plus tax, so that works out to $70 off. All of the other room types that I noted (standard view, pool view, savannah view) were showing the same $70 off rack rate.

I think the AAA discount is very close to the same discount as the AP discount for AKL conceirge ,I can't remember the nightly rate but the total is $823.00 with the tax for me to stay 2 nights AKL conceirge (value)and as I recall when I called a cm about rates the difference between AAA discount and AP the difference wasn't very much so if you don't already have an AP and would like to do the dining plan it may be more beneficial to get an AAA membership (about$50.00)and book package through them.(IMO).AAA
also offers some package perks that you can't get anywhere else. :)

Yes, the BRP, as i like to call it, is available over holiday's for the concierge level rooms.
Heres a break down of the prices I received for the value season in December.
These are all Lagoon view/concierge.All taxes included too.

Rack.....................BRP.......................AAA
BC-535.20 ............ 457.00 ................ 454.92
Poly-568.66............490.00..................483.00

BRP saved us 78 dollars a night from rack. AAA was just a tad better. We ended up cancelling our AAA and going with the BRP.

Thanks for all the info, hopefully AKL Concierge will now be a possibility as I would love to do the Sunrise Safari (Sunset out of the question as we have young children!).

Nicola

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter