AP and WDW transportation?????

suzanneb

<font color=magenta>Itching for the Hot Seat - has
I don't always stay on property at WDW. I'm an AP, and have been for a number of years. The little brochure that holds the pass used to say that AP holders were entitled to use of WDW transportation. I got into a discussion with a WDW bus driver this weekend, and I looked on my new pass brochure, and there is NOTHING about it granting us use of Disney transport. It does say we can have free parking...does this mean they want us to drive from park to park???
What do y'all know??

Originally posted by suzanneb
I don't always stay on property at WDW. I'm an AP, and have been for a number of years. The little brochure that holds the pass used to say that AP holders were entitled to use of WDW transportation. I got into a discussion with a WDW bus driver this weekend, and I looked on my new pass brochure, and there is NOTHING about it granting us use of Disney transport. It does say we can have free parking...does this mean they want us to drive from park to park???
What do y'all know??

Disney Transportation is paid for by the Resorts, and not by Annual Passes, or Day passes. That's why you won't see that on your brochure. However, you are still more than welcome to take advantage of the park-to-park busses. :) The only ticket that does not qualify for use of the transportation would be the One Park/One Day ticket.

Park to Park busses typically run every 15 minutes. You may also use the Epcot Monorail, and the Friendship Cruiser from the Studios to the World Showcase. :)

Wow!! I thought that having an annual pass entitled you to use the transport - it did in the past didn't it?

Thanks Tyler for the info about being allowed to go from park to park. What about going to the resorts to eat or shop - are we allowed to do that? I am a pin collector and had hoped to check out pin carts at different resorts!!
Are we allowed to use transport to get to the world of sport?

Thanks for any help!!

We will be staying at a disney resort for a couple of nights and will have a car some other days - so I guess I may have to plan the meals and shopping just for those days!!:) :) :) :) :) :)

for the explanation. I DO appreciate the info...glad I can still use park to park buses and the Friendship from Studios to Epcot. If I want to eat at Spoodles, I can walk there from Epcot. I'm a pin trader also, and do like to check out pins at other resorts, so I guess that activity will be curtailed if I'm off property.

Unless something has changed very recently for which there was no announcement, then you can ride any Disney transport with an AP. In fact, the rule has been for a number of years now that anyone holding any kind of multi-day pass (whether staying on site or not) can ride any Disney transport.

Originally posted by Claire4dpins
What about going to the resorts to eat or shop - are we allowed to do that? I am a pin collector and had hoped to check out pin carts at different resorts!!

99% of the time, we don't check ID's, so feel free to check out the resorts, and pin trade and whatnot. By my previous post, I just meant that "technically" that's whats allowed and whatnot, but Disney in reality is very much lax about the policy. The only exception to the rule is Downtown Disney. Typically at about 11pm or so, most drivers will check IDs. This is more of a precautionary measure, so that we can make sure that (for example) a young girl won't be followed home by a man, stalking her. Or, that an inebriated person gets to the correct resort.

The only other time that IDs will be checked is during peak seasons. For example, during the 4th of July when the MK was near capacity, Resort ID was required to board any Disney Transportation. This was because the parking lot was full, and the MK theme park was only allowing Disney Resort Guests. Often time, day guests would attempt to park at a resort, and take the bus in, thinking they'd be allowed in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter