AOL is now FREE!!!!

LovePug

DIS Veteran
I'm so thrilled :dance3: ! If you connect by broadband or any other ISP connection, you can now use the AOL software for free! That just saved me $15 a month :woohoo: .

We used to have AOL and I really liked it, but DH decided to switch to Adelphia, which I do not like. How do you go about getting the free AOL?

Adelphia is my connection, too.

This is the number I called....1-800-984-6207. There's a big ad on the AOL site announcing the change. I called right away and they switched me to the free plan immediately. You still get to use all the software, but don't get the tech support (I never once used it anyway). :cool1:

LOL....I haven't checked everything out yet, but this is from the FAQ....

"2. What Is Included for Free?
Regardless of how you choose to get online, here's what you'll get for free from AOL: An email account with up to seven screen names, the Buddy List® feature, Address Book, AOL software, comprehensive safety and security protection, Parental Controls, access to millions of online videos, AOL® Radio with XM and more."

Important AOL Announcement
Changes Are Coming ...
More Choices and Flexibility for Our Members
AOL has always been an all-in-one online solution for our members: a way to connect to the Internet and an entertaining online destination once you're connected.

Now, some of the online services previously available only to members -- such as AOL® email and security features -- will be free to anyone who has their own Internet connection, including any dial-up, cable or DSL connection.

What will this mean for members like you? As long as you still need to connect to the Internet using AOL, nothing will change. You'll continue to get:

Reliable service 24/7 customer support Comprehensive safety and security protection Unlimited email storage, and more If you do at some point choose another provider for your Internet connection, you'll be able to keep your AOL email address and continue to use the AOL software and many of the features and content you've enjoyed as a member.

Sign up for an alert to be first to hear about some exciting new features we'll be announcing in September.

OH! I had looked through the first two pages of threads and didn't see the other one already started. Sorry for the repeat :blush: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter