AofA air conditioning and cell/wifi

afinnteach

Mouseketeer
Just curious to see if anyone who has stayed recently has had trouble with air conditioning or cell/wifi reception as previously reported or if things have improved?

Thanks!

We just got back from a stay in the cars section. We had some issues with the wifi working in the room on my kids ipod. You had to find a sweet spot. It did not work at all at the cars pool. It worked fine at the nemo pool.

The ac was a probelm only at night time. I am not hot by nature and had read some of the issues. I figured we would be fine. It bothered my family. I woke up hot alot. I would get up and wave my hand to try to get it to come on. If you are moving around in the room it was fine. I didn't mind it catching up while we were out either. I ended up going to sleep with just the sheet. I felt a little cold at first but it did help when the air wasn't running through the night. I do think this needs to be fixed and it would may prevent me from staying there again.

Besides that, we loved the cars suites. Loved the room, the pool, the details. Loved the view from our room. I was really sad my first night home when I looked out my window!

We had no problem with wifi by pool or in room. Had to login each time we were away from it for awhile. There are two different wifi networks. One for public spaces and one for guest rooms. A/c was not an issue at all for us. But we were gone all day and crashed when we got back to room. We stayed in cars area. Any other questions ask away. Just got back Wednesday :)

I thought our Art of Animation room was a bit hot. We also had no cell phone service in any of the buildings. We did not try their wifi.

I went at the end of January, and the cell service was horrible inside the room! We stayed in the Cars suite, bldg. 2. The wifi was fine though. Also, no problem with the a/c or heat.

Here now. Haven't had any trouble with the AC at all. Seems to stay where we set it at 68 all night. The cell reception in our room is pretty bad, the wi-fi has been fine.

Im glad I bumped this thread, sounds like some rooms do get hot at night and if I don't have a cold room, I can't sleep! :headache:

We were just staying at AOA for one night for DD, maybe we should cancel it and stay somewhere else and maybe try a LM room during the winter months :idea:

Thanks!

I find all the ac issues disturbing. I was hoping that they would have had this fixed by now. Who thinks making the ac shut off at night is a good idea in a hotel in FL? Its too late for us to change, so I'm just hoping for the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter