AOA vs Boardwalk

Amy Willoughby

GoofyRojaMama
Hi. With the new discounts released today, we can stay at BW for about $17 more a night vs staying at AOA. There are 5 of us, blended family, 3 kids, 15, 13 and 10 years old.
Can you please help me with the benefits of staying at BW vs AOA? Thanks!

OMG! GO WITH BOARDWALK!! Walking distance and direct boat service to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, larger rooms, QUIETER, hot tubs, larger bathrooms, strolling distance to numerous sit down restaurants.

AoA is LOUD mayhem and don't even get me started on the food court.......

Heck yeah Boardwalk! Your kids are old enough that they can walk over and meet you for lunch if they like to sleep in. The location can't be beat!

Boardwalk Inn vs AoA Family Suite? The only advantages I could think of for AoA would be 2 bathrooms and the food court.

BW! It's our favorite EPCOT resort. The location can't be beat! Love being able to walk to DS and EPCOT. In our experiences, the buses are really good. You can stroll around the EPCOT resorts at night, enjoy the BW entertainment, so much fun!

We have all slept on the daybed and found it quite comfortable.

Hi. With the new discounts released today, we can stay at BW for about $17 more a night vs staying at AOA. There are 5 of us, blended family, 3 kids, 15, 13 and 10 years old.

Book Boardwalk immediately. Awesome pool, so many dining options/things to do, nicer rooms, You can walk to HS and Epcot, better transportation, better everything.

BW for sure!! I'm sure there are those who love the AoA suites. We stayed in one last year and although I was very comfy in the bedroom, dd was very uncomfortable in the living room. She said the hallway noise was so loud all night long. And you can't beat the convenience of the BW, boat or walk to both Epcot & HS. Deluxe vs Value, it's no brainer for us;)

Boardwalk!!! We stayed there during our Christmas trip and absolutely loved it. Being able to walk to two parks was amazing.

I'm a parent of teens. I totally understand the need for two bathrooms to get everyone going in the morning. But the Boardwalk is hands down the way to go. You can turn them loose and they can walk home from Epcot or Studios. Or go out at night and chill on the Boardwalk. The only thing to do for teens at AOA is the pool and the arcade. :crazy2:

I'm totally debating this too! I love the idea of Boardwalk and proximity to parks -- BUT... my kids are younger. THey will be 6 and 3. They LOVE the pool at AoA, and the general Disney fun-ness. What to do?

Bottom line -- would your responses change if we're talking about younger kids? We also like the little mini kitchen to have breakfast in our rooms in the AM.

I'm totally debating this too! I love the idea of Boardwalk and proximity to parks -- BUT... my kids are younger. THey will be 6 and 3. They LOVE the pool at AoA, and the general Disney fun-ness. What to do?

Bottom line -- would your responses change if we're talking about younger kids? We also like the little mini kitchen to have breakfast in our rooms in the AM.
You will have a microwave, sink, and mini fridge if you stay at BWV. My kids loved the values when they were younger. We stayed there though because that's what we could afford. If we had it in our budget then to stay at the Boardwalk, I would have definitely stayed there. Being able to walk to two parks is more important to me than a what a resort looks like.

Yes. I would change my answer. The values are built larger than life and perfect for littles. Way more fun than the Boardwalk if you are 3 and 6.

Boardwalk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter