AoA Question

DSC02525.jpg

For those who may want to stay in the suites and want to pack lighter than I did! LOL! I did not need to take plates, cups(cold or hot), bowls, plastic silverware, paper towels. I read that but thought I may run out! LOL! They kept it stocked everyday and gave me more when asked. I did not need a hair dryer. One was in each bathroom. I also had plenty of soap, shampoo and towels. They also had a coffee pot, and supplied coffee & tea. They did not have a knife or dish washing liquid, that I did take! LOL!

There is only one real bed in the AoA suites. I can't imagine 5 adults would be comfortable. The space would be way too crowded. 2 regular rooms gives you 4 real beds - much better IMHO.

The table bed seemed like it should be more comfortable than the sofa bed as there was no bar in the middle like sofa sleepers always have. The table bed was a simple single mattress on a board that pulled out....the bathrooms did have a good amount of room for the four in my group but 6 would have been rough...

The decor is awesome, but it leaves you with limited storage and counter space.kids don't really care if there is enough room to store the luggage.....

The decor is awesome, but it leaves you with limited storage and counter space.kids don't really care if there is enough room to store the luggage.....

Is there less room to store the luggage than in a room at POP.

I've never stayed at POP but ASM had an opened closet off of the bathroom to hang and room on the floor for luggage. But AoA Cars Suite only had a raised board with a pole in the bedroom. Fine for our small group but 6 ( 4 being adults?) we had to keep our luggage on the floor of the dining table area and standing upright in the tv part and we only had 4 (2 adults/ 2 children)

Besides the theming why do you feel it is only geared towards children??

The small, camper like sleeping surfaces.

And there is no denying the fact that the themeing is very child like, loud, and in your face. Reminds me of a preschool on crack. I love Disney and will even wear mouse ears, but there is nothing about that decor that appeals to me. Too much of everything.

I'm an adult that has slept on all the bed options in AoA's family suites. I actually prefer the table bed to the bed in the bedroom.

My DIL, who is nearly 6 feet tall, slept on both the couch pullout and the table bed without any problems with grandkids in bed with her and said both were comfortable.

My DH, DIL and I enjoyed AoA's outdoor spaces. We all got a kick out of the seagulls randomly going into their "mine, mine, mine" thing. My sister OTOH did not like AoA at all -- she much preferred the elegance of AKL.

So it's definitely a YMMV. My DH after looking at photos online of POR and POFQ won't let me book those for any trips when he is joining me. He really dislikes both the grounds and the room decor.

We stayed 4 adults and 2 littles, if everyone is committed it could work.
I would put your son, his wife and 2 kids in the bedroom, a pnp for the baby and possibly a twin air mattress you could bring for the older child.

In theivingroom the sofa bed for you and your husband and the table bed for your daughter.

When we went my inlaws took the sofa and found it comfortable they are in their 60s and had no complaints. I took the bedroom with both kids as I was nursing and needed privacy and my husband ended up sleeping on the table bed because we are used to a king and the queen with a kid just wasn't working!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter