AoA of BLT?

Boardwalk_bride

Married in WDW :)
Hi All,

We are planning a WDW trip in Jan 2020. We will be bringing my daughter who will turn 3 on the last full day of the trip. It is also the year of our anniversary (we got married in Epcot in 2010).

The last few times we have been we have stayed at AKV (rented points) which was great, but I'm not sure if it would make sense with a toddler. We need to have a separate bedroom which means either AoA family suite or a 1 bedroom villa.

Any suggestions on which resort is best - factoring in the massive price difference? Money isn't a huge concern (not that we are rich) but I also don't want to spend money where it might not be needed. I'm thinking with a toddler we'd spend more time at the resort compared to previous locations, so I'd like a place that will have lots of options for her!

We are also vegetarian - so access to veggie options is also great!

Thanks!

Hi All,

We are planning a WDW trip in Jan 2020. We will be bringing my daughter who will turn 3 on the last full day of the trip. It is also the year of our anniversary (we got married in Epcot in 2010).

The last few times we have been we have stayed at AKV (rented points) which was great, but I'm not sure if it would make sense with a toddler. We need to have a separate bedroom which means either AoA family suite or a 1 bedroom villa.

Any suggestions on which resort is best - factoring in the massive price difference? Money isn't a huge concern (not that we are rich) but I also don't want to spend money where it might not be needed. I'm thinking with a toddler we'd spend more time at the resort compared to previous locations, so I'd like a place that will have lots of options for her!

We are also vegetarian - so access to veggie options is also great!

Thanks!
If you are planning on renting points for BLT in a one bedroom, you are probably out of luck at this late date. Most of the month of Jan is booked up except for a day here and there. Studios would be worse. You'd need to find a confirmed reservation.

Oh wow! I didn't realize they went that quick. I've only booked AKV and BCV - I guess they don't fill up that quickly?

Thanks for letting me know.

Oh wow! I didn't realize they went that quick. I've only booked AKV and BCV - I guess they don't fill up that quickly?

Thanks for letting me know.
You'd have a chance with Kidani Village in a one bedroom, but not BCV or Jambo House. For a January stay, you are about six months out. So not much vacancy.

You'd have a chance with Kidani Village in a one bedroom, but not BCV or Jambo House. For a January stay, you are about six months out. So not much vacancy.
Oh wow! I guess I must have booked really far out before and just forgot. I think at this point I might just to AoA and plan for BLT in the future.
Thanks again!

Oh wow! I guess I must have booked really far out before and just forgot. I think at this point I might just to AoA and plan for BLT in the future.
Thanks again!
You want to start looking for a DVC reservation at 11 months out and no later than seven months out. At seven months out, all points are equal, so it gets harder to book

Have you tried looking at paying cash for one bedroom at BLT? You can still apply room discounts and it might not be too pricey.

Have you tried looking at paying cash for one bedroom at BLT? You can still apply room discounts and it might not be too pricey.
Does the availability differ between renting points and paying cash? I'm just on the WDW site and see that it is free - but it's $800 a night!

Does the availability differ between renting points and paying cash? I'm just on the WDW site and see that it is free - but it's $800 a night!
Yep, Disney has some of their own rooms that they will sell for cash or use when rooms are getting refurbed, what have you. That seems crazy high, we got a two bedroom cash at BLT for a week for 1600 a night but that includes 8 day park hoppers for 5 and 5 people on a dining plan.

Yes, there are two sets of inventory, points inventory and cash inventory, and they are not interchangeable. Cash inventory comes from the 2% that DVC owns and hasn't used for maintenance or other issues, the points that owners trade for a non-DVC Disney vacation (like DCL or ABD), unsold inventory (mostly at newer resorts) and foreclosed or repurchased contracts. DVC has the first right to purchase any contract that is up for sale. So whenever an owner is about to become a former owner they need to price it right so Disney won't take it before it can be sold to someone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter