AOA Little Mermaid Promotion?

lucky4you

Mouseketeer
We are going in early Feb. There are promotions that exclude the Little Mermaid rooms. Don't know why this is or if another one will come up for these. Anyone have thoughts on it?

lucky4you said:
We are going in early Feb. There are promotions that exclude the Little Mermaid rooms. Don't know why this is or if another one will come up for these. Anyone have thoughts on it?

Are you looking at the room only discount? Could they be sold out? I booked AKL a couple weeks bak and I could have sworn that LM rooms were an option for Jan 2-5, my dates. I know that Disney has started really limiting the number of discounted rooms.

The Little Mermaid rooms are popular, I think more popular than they anticipated. After a brief period in early fall where they included discounts on those rooms, they realized it wasn't needed. EVERY single discount I have seen EXCLUDES the LM rooms.

I gave up, and changed my reservation to PoP. We would have loved to stay there, but I'm staying at Pop WITH the dining plan (FD pin) for the same price I would have paid just for room/tickets and no food at LM. We'll go again some time in the future, maybe they will become less popular in a few years and start including them in discounts? :confused3

The LM rooms are incredibly popular. I think it is highly unlikely you will find any discount on these rooms in 2013.

Anytime there's a new resort at Disney that features unique rooms ... they're in demand.

When Pop Century opened, with Bay Lake Tower opened, Wildnerness Lodge Villas & Treehouse Villas opened etc.. there was in each case this bump in demand.

The thing with the LM rooms, is there are a very limited number of those rooms and lots of reasons to want them ... the themeing.. the 'value pricing' .. the 'new resort' .. etc etc.

SO.. Yeah, discounts on those rooms are not likely to exceed 15% in 2013 and those discounted rooms I would expect to sell out fairly quickly.

rcraw- Nope, the discounted rooms aren't sold out, they were never offered. I would have taken the free dining or room discount.

Canadianguy- I'd take that 15%!

I really didn't want the LM rooms. I have 2 boys and would have prefered any of the other themed rooms there. Wish they would have made a more gender neutral wing for the standard rooms. Nothing against those of you that got deals on the other wings. But, seems unfair because those are just as new.

We stayed at all stars movies last year so wanted AOA this time.

I went and tried to book an LM room through AAA and when the agent couldn't do it, she called Disney directly. NO discounts are being offered on those rooms - including senior and military discounts. Huge bummer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter