AoA Food Court

How does the AoA food court compare to the POP food court in terms of quality and selection?

I personally found the AoA food court to be of higher quality than POP but the selection is maybe a little more "limited." The AoA food court has some different stations not seen at other resorts, such as the Tandoori station, etc...The make your own pasta station was very good, as was the chicken burger. POP had the more traditional food court items, IMHO.

The food selection is alot different at AoA, I liked it but wouldn't want to eat there every day for a week. We walked over to Pop for a few dinners.

Just returned from AoA yesterday. I was not impressed by the food court at all. We are pretty plain eaters and I didnt care for much on the menu. We had to walk to POP to get chicken nuggets for our son, which I find a bit crazy.

I like the layout at POP and I think they have a better selection of desserts/snacks.

I did like the smoothies at AoA though

The food selection is alot different at AoA, I liked it but wouldn't want to eat there every day for a week. We walked over to Pop for a few dinners.

We did the same thing. We had a 10 night stay and ate more of our meals at Pop than AOA.
On a side note: While I am one to clean absolutely everything off our table after we are done our meals, I did not care for "bussing" my own table at AOA.

Pop is just across the lake so maybe 5-7 minutes.

It's a short walk for sure! We visited AoA the week it opened just to take a look around and then walked over to Pop and had lunch ... and walked back to the car at AoA and then headed out to the airport..

Picky kids and people who like plain foods have trouble with the AoA food court. Even the macaroni and cheese kids meal was not accepted because it was a square of baked (and delicious looking) mac and cheese casserole, not the goopy stuff all over Disney.

It is adventurous and new and I predict it will change soon to accommodate the need for run of the mill sameness.

We just returned last week from our stay at Pop. My sister and her family stayed at AoA, so we ate dinner with them one night. I really didn't care for my dinner...chicken tandoori, I think. It is nice that they have some different items than Pop, and maybe I should have tried something else. But the Mickey ganache dessert was yummy!

We did the same thing. We had a 10 night stay and ate more of our meals at Pop than AOA.
On a side note: While I am one to clean absolutely everything off our table after we are done our meals, I did not care for "bussing" my own table at AOA.

This is what I'm afraid will happen to us! We would be going to Pop to eat! LOL!

We have camped several times at Fort Wilderness and have stayed at the All Stars and Pop and had good experiences at all!

I would love to take my grandson and stay at AOA in cars section because he loves the movies, collects & plays with all the cars.
But.... After I pay more for a suite than I would for two rooms I will have to make my bed from the sofa or the table and then I will have to probably go to another resort to eat.:confused3 LOL!

I hadn't thought about having to bus my own table. :rotfl: LOL!

My husband says I might as well take our camper to the Fort and that it would be easier!:laundy: LOL!

My kids are not really plain eaters so AOA sounds great.. Bit worried about junk food to be honest though. With it being a food court, is it mostly junk food? Or is there some healthy options?

It is adventurous and new and I predict it will change soon to accommodate the need for run of the mill sameness.
I hope not, I really look forward to trying it out and having some variety with the QS meals.

I did not either and I am by NO means an elitist. But having to sort garbage, silver, flatware and then trying to cram stuff through the way too small holes in the trash cans just did me in.

I thought the food at AoA was just OK and I am an adventurous eater. I found that the food "sounded" better than it tasted. And service was so slow that our meals were lukewarm by the time we sat down--and no I was not there during peak season.

Thank you!!! I thought I was the only one who found the "bussing my own table" annoying. We were at WDW during Christmas. We were not staying at AOA but we thought it would be fun to have lunch there one day and walk around. The food court was very nice, more "different" types of foods than the usual value and mod food courts. My family likes all kinds of foods so we did like our lunch, but I can see how some people would not make the food court their number one food court pick. I don't think I would like eating there every day. Again, I did not enjoy at all the fact that you have to put your garbage into different containers (think Panera, and yes I hate it there too). We ALWAYS clean up after ourselves, but hey we are on vacation and just like to "dump" everything into a trash container. I found at AOA, like the previous poster said that the "holes" were too small and trying to stuff things in was just annoying and messy. All in all we really enjoyed visiting AOA, but for our family we'll stay somewhere else.

Enjoy The Magic!!

We stayed at POP last June and ate at both food courts. I loved the make your own pasta at AOA and my family found things they liked, too. AOA is a "prettier" and more upscale food court. We are staying at AOA this time but I think we will use both food courts again for variety. I could not eat at AOA every day.

We stayed at Pop twice recently and went to AoA for most of our meals. My kids are not little, DD22, DS17. We loved the make your own smoothies and yogurt parfaits. Fresh fruit on waffle, french toast and pancakes. For later in the day we did make your own burger and pastas. Out a total of a little over 2 weeks I think we only ate a Pop 3 times.We are much happier with the selection at AoA.

I was very disappointed in the food court at AoA last Dec.
Let me preface by saying that I was so looking forward to eating there since we were staying there. We had tried the food court back when AoA first opened and were quite impressed by the freshness and quality. However on our Dec stay, I ordered the great stir fry that I had ordered earlier in the year. Back then it was made fresh to order. On the Dec trip, it was premade. The sides were overdone - hubby who normally doesn't eat spinach, the loved the spinach with cheese on our first visit. This time, the spinach was very soggy and overdone. I loved the cauliflower with tomatoes on the first visit - the cauliflower was cooked just right and the tomatoes were soft. This Dec., the cauliflower and tomatoes were dried out - like they had been made well in advance.
Since we had only eaten lunch and dinner there back when it first opened, I wanted to be sure to try the breakfast there this Dec. I was also disappointed with the breakfast station layout offerings. I love omelets and the made to order omelets were delicious - but they came with a biscuit. If you wanted potatoes, you had to get in line at a different station for the potatoes - leaving your fresh omelet to get cold.
I wished they would have been still taking surveys like they did when we ate there shortly after opening as my ratings would have changed from the great ratings that I gave earlier in the year.
The one nice thing is that there are real dishes and silverware instead of paper plates and plastic silverware (which is why they have the different bins and ask you to separate instead of all being disposable like other food courts).

We chose this resort specifically for their food court selections. They look little more unique than the standard hotel food court items. I am hoping based on what others have said that they will be good, we were not impressed with the POP food court at all on our last trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter