Anyone wear (or use) a GoPro camera at WDW?

Finally08

DIS Veteran
I just got my son one of these as a graduation gift from junior high. He rides a scooter and is getting into autocross stuff so he wanted to film those things (he's already strapped it to his helmet and made a trip around the block with it).
I thought it would be fun to use filming rides at WDW, or just filming any random thing because I can be "hands free."
DD and I are leaving in 2 days, and it will just be us. I like to take photos (lots of photos :lmao:) so that means missing out on taping those fun character meets. Will I look like a total dork with a camera strapped to my chest? :laughing:

Put a dorky hat on and no one will notice the dorky camera strapped to your chest.

Seriously, I've looked at the GoPro cameras and considered it for water sports. How's the video quality on it?

Ah ha!!! A couple of weeks ago at Epcot, I saw a guy with a camera strapped to his chest. I was wondering what the deal with that was. Now I know.

I wouldn't say it looked dorky... just a little unexpected.

Danielle, there is also a funny head mount strap too...I look like a miner with it on. It sure does make for a neat perspective!

The quality is great! We got the HD version, and it naturally has a wide, almost fish-eye look to everything. My son ran all around the house, played basketball...it looks very very fun. There is also a suction cup I thought about using to stick on a ride, to film dd and I'd reactions during the ride...but then I thought I might get fussed at for doing so - although the suction mount is supposed to be able to withstand extreme type situations (like being attached to the side of a car or something!).

I thought about getting one of these for roller coaster rides- not at Disney but at Busch Gardens, Sea World, and Universal who are very strict about allowing even a P&S camera to be held. Not sure if they would allow a wearable camera or not though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter