Anyone used Z-pack (Azithromycin)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate this medicine. I was prescribed a Z-Pack (azithromycin) by my Doc a couple days ago. Got very little sleep the first night; got no sleep at all last night. Heart racing, itching, feeling like I wanted to jump out of my skin. When I got up to go to the bathroom at 3 AM, the lights seemed to be pulsating and strobing. That was the final straw. Called my Doc today and told his nurse I can't handle this medicine and am taking myself off it. I hope I get some sleep tonight - but I won't be surprised if it takes several days to get this poison out of my system. Never again with the Z-Pack.

I'm on it now for the second time in my life right now.
Never again......nervous and even though I have bronchitis and feel terrible unable to sleep.

OP - glad you're feeling better! I have always used a zpak with no issues, I love it, makes me feel better fast! Everyone is different though, I had very scary strange reactions to Claritin - but am fine with Allegra.

My doctor put me down as allergic to it.

I got massive stomach pains the one and only time I used it.

It stinks having to take 2 pills a day for 10 days, but is better than the stomach pains I got.

I have a very sensitive stomach.

This original thread is over 4 years old:lmao::lmao:

Resurrected by a person with 1 post;)

Just an FYI:)

I'm allergic to one of the drugs in the same family as Azithromycin (Erythromycin), it made me really sick to my stomach.
Was just on a Zpack last month. First day I thought I was going to die of reflux and figurered I might be sensitive to azithromycin as well, then realized I had not taken my reflux pill that day. Day two I took my reflux meds and had no problem taking the zpack. I was also on high dose steroids so doubt I would have noticed any side effects of the zpack if I hadn't gotten so sick, as the steroids have their own list of side effects and I was more focused on those.

night-of-the-living-thread.jpg

OP is from 2009, latest follow up (before today) 2013.

Yes!! I have these exact side effects (jitteriness, insomnia, general feeling of anxiety/nervousness) both times I've taken a Z-Pack. Doctor says it's a rare side effect, but I've heard of several people that have had it. It's no joke!

I am also allergic to Penicillin, so have taken Z-Pack.
Sometimes it is not bad, but I have also experienced a little of that jittery/insomnia.

To everyone...
Itching and hives would indicate an allergic reaction. (from somebody who is allergic to many antibiotics!)
I would never continue to take one more pill or capsule of a drug that caused that type of reaction.
Especially any hives or swelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter