Anyone used the BBQs at SSR?

odc146

Mouseketeer
We were planning on trying to BBQ one night of our trip. I know the BBQs are first come first serve. Does anyone know if they are easy to get or if they get taken pretty early. We will be there June 29-July 11. Thanks:woohoo:

Hi, we went to SSR in August 2007.There is a BBQ area near to the Grandstand pool and it's all set up.(It's like a communal BBQ) You just bring along your food and away you go.The area is outside of the pool area by 30 feet.If you have kids one parent can cook and the other look after the kids.There are also "dive in" movies.I think they are shown on Wednesdays and Fridays.

We use the barbeques at OKW when we're there and there's NEVER been a problem with getting one.

The one time we were at SSR, the same was true.

I know OKW has barbecue grills by all the "quiet pools," and I think SSR does, too.

we were there for 5 days in the summer, and I rarely saw anyone using BBQ. There are 1-2 picnic tables right there, and also several tables in GS pool/spray-play area--towards BBQ---it would be a fun lunch/dinner to let the kids play in spray area while BBQ and then eat at one of the tables by pool.
Unlike Springs pool area, GS was never crowded and we could always get a table.

I used the bbq grill at the Grandstand twice on our trip last July. Cooked steaks one night and burgers another. There are two at that location. One evening there was someone using one while I was there & I saw someone using one a different time.

It is so simple to do. Made for a couple of great meals. Then the cm's come out and clean them up. I was surprised how often they check. Acutally after one of my uses the coals could have barely been cool.

Wow thanks everyone for the responses. That helps me to decide to go ahead and get he groceries to bbq.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter