• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone use the Lynx Bus?

belle09

Mouseketeer
My boyfriend and I are doing a trip in February and staying off-site at a hotel on I-drive. We're both under 25, so renting a car isn't really an option and neither of us was thrilled with the $30pp cost for Mears, so we were considering taking the Lynx from MCO ($4pp round trip). We're from DC, so we're used to public transportation, but I've never heard anyone on the Dis mention it before.

Any thoughts? Is there a reason (besides the challenge of getting kids on public transportation) that I haven't heard about it before? Any big fans? TIA!

The problem isn't just getting from MCO to your hotel. Offsite shuttle buses tend to run on limited schedules, make many stops, may require a reservation the night before and sometimes the last bus is before park closing.

I'd switch to a Disney resort so you can take advantage of DME and Disney transportation to the parks.

A disney value resort may not be that much more expensive then your offsite hotel when you add in the inevitable taxi fare from a park to your hotel.

A couple of posters have taken Lynx, I'm not sure how much luggage you can take. Check the bus route on the lynx website. Make sure you won't have to go to downtown Orlando and then change buses.

Oops, should have mentioned that we're (sadly) not doing Disney, we're doing Universal and staying within walking distance of the parks, so, fingers crossed, we just need to get from the airport to the hotel.

If we were doing Disney, I'd be with you 100%! Plus it just adds so much more magic to the trip to stay onsite with Disney :goodvibes

Go the lynx site and see what's involved going from WDW to your hotel. I don't know how much luggage you can take on the bus or how long a walk you'll have from the bus stop to your hotel. This will only work if you don't have large bags.

MCO to the Hard Rock Hotel requires 2 buses and takes about 90 minutes. The bus runs every 30 minutes. Just miss a bus and you have to add another 30 minutes.

I'd probably spring for Mears or a car service.

The planner in the Lynx site works well. Type in Orland International airport and the name of your hotel and you'll get complete information.

It's possible, but most theme-park visitors don't do it because it takes a LONG time and normally requires a transfer.

Up until fairly recently you had to transfer in downtown Orlando. Now it looks like you can take the 111 to Florida Mall and transfer to the 37 there; much shorter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter