Anyone use points to go to Disneyland Paris?

We considered it but, as of 2008, you have to pay cash for the park passes for the full length of your stay rather than just the days you want to use the parks. We had thought Disney Paris would be a fun base camp to see the city and the area but I'm not paying hundreds more than necessary for passes I wouldn't use. Under the old system the points needed were higher but the rate included the passes, now they reduced the points for the rooms. Maybe its a wash but it certainly pointed out to me that this would not be a great use of points/cash

I will be using points in July. It's actually a $100+ savings over what it would have cost using points last year for my 5 night stay. I am using about $500-$550 less in points than last year, and will have to pay just over $400 for the 5 day passes.

I have always found it very poor value. A room only rate can be found online at one of the moderate hotels for about 100 Euros; park passes are comparatively inexpensive.

I will be using points in July. It's actually a $100+ savings over what it would have cost using points last year for my 5 night stay. I am using about $500-$550 less in points than last year, and will have to pay just over $400 for the 5 day passes.

The points are less now because they used to include park passes along with the room. Now the points just pay for the room and you have to pay cash for the tickets.

We considered it but, as of 2008, you have to pay cash for the park passes for the full length of your stay rather than just the days you want to use the parks. We had thought Disney Paris would be a fun base camp to see the city and the area but I'm not paying hundreds more than necessary for passes I wouldn't use. Under the old system the points needed were higher but the rate included the passes, now they reduced the points for the rooms. Maybe its a wash but it certainly pointed out to me that this would not be a great use of points/cash

Same conclusion I came to for my trip at the end of May. It makes no sense for me to pay for 4 days of passes (required because I'd book 3 nights) when I only plan to be in the parks for 2 days.

I got a cash reservation for much less than what it would have cost in points with what I personally value my points at ($11 ea.)

Now I'm trying to figure out how to buy a 2 day hopper pass. The Disney site says the prices there are only through early April .:confused3

you don't need to purchase your ticket in advance. In fact, if I read that you will be in Paris before you visit the parks, you can purchase tickets at many locations. That will save you a bit of a wait while actually at the park.

you don't need to purchase your ticket in advance. In fact, if I read that you will be in Paris before you visit the parks, you can purchase tickets at many locations. That will save you a bit of a wait while actually at the park.

Is there any price advantage to buying them early like there is at WDW?

The biggest advantage to buying a ticket not at the gate is time savings but not cost savings. Sometimes FNAC has special local offers

Once in France you can buy tickets at:
· the entrance to the Disney Parks
· the Disney Store on the Champs Elysées in Paris
· FNAC stores in Paris
· Virgin Megastore on the Champs Elysées in Paris
· in the main RATP (Metro) ticket offices in Paris
· some Parisian hotels

Some people like to purchase in advance from here

http://www.francebillet.com/recherche/rechercheRapide.do?search=Disney&searchOkButton=ok&_lang=en

So, you don't have to buy a ticket pass for the enire length of stay
meaning 4 days stay 4 day ticket even though you just want to go to the park for 2 days

no, you can purchase just what you need. I personally don't recommend using DLRP as a base to explore Paris, but if you are going to do so, why pay for something you don't need?

I guess I can book through a US agent

or not! ;)

Very difficult to book through an American travel agency, to be frank. You can book room only on www.expedia.de (NOT the American site; unless they have recently added room only)

Or you can call the number for English speakers at DLRP however the UK posters here report that it goes to a Florida call centre (those of us using non-English phone lines are directed to European based agents)

So I DO have to buy tickets for my entire stay!
Bummer
anyway to get around this?
Book your hotel yourself and get your tickets yourself. Not through Disney. That's the only way I've found to do it so I don't have to buy 2 days of tickets that I don't need.

Book your hotel yourself and get your tickets yourself. Not through Disney. That's the only way I've found to do it so I don't have to buy 2 days of tickets that I don't need.

exactly! you can book the room via telephone or expedia (European sites) and find the tickets for relatively low cost in France

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter