Anyone use a Tupperware Stack Cooker?

DawnM

DIS Veteran
I bought this thing probably 8 years ago and have never used it!

I have lost the cone thing that goes with it though and am wondering if you can cook without it or I will have to order a replacement?

What do you cook in it? Does it work well?

I have a recipe book that came with it and would like to try a couple things.

Thoughts?

Dawn

I have had it for years and use it very frequently. The cone is only necessary of you are making a "bundt cake" or round meatloaf. Our favorites are meatloaf in the bottom--small individual ones, roasted potatoes int he center and appple crumble on top. Another fav is the coated chicken recipe--for microwave chicken that tastes like it was made int he oven. I also have the steamer basket that rests inside the bottom so I can put a few tablespoons of water int he bottom, veggies in the colander and lid on top and in less than 10 minutes perfectly steamed veggies--this is also great for reheating already cooked pasta!

Thank you SO much.....here I thought I couldn't even use it without the cone!

I will use it tonight then.....I will see if I can find a stir-fry or Chinese chicken recipe in there.

Can it make rice?

Can it actually cook pasta or do you need to cook that first? I actually have a FastaPasta that I LOVE, but curious if this could do the same thing?

Dawn

I have had it for years and use it very frequently. The cone is only necessary of you are making a "bundt cake" or round meatloaf. Our favorites are meatloaf in the bottom--small individual ones, roasted potatoes int he center and appple crumble on top. Another fav is the coated chicken recipe--for microwave chicken that tastes like it was made int he oven. I also have the steamer basket that rests inside the bottom so I can put a few tablespoons of water int he bottom, veggies in the colander and lid on top and in less than 10 minutes perfectly steamed veggies--this is also great for reheating already cooked pasta!

Thank you SO much.....here I thought I couldn't even use it without the cone!

I will use it tonight then.....I will see if I can find a stir-fry or Chinese chicken recipe in there.

Can it make rice?

Can it actually cook pasta or do you need to cook that first? I actually have a FastaPasta that I LOVE, but curious if this could do the same thing?

Dawn

tupperware seems to be a great company, so i would contact them about getting a replacement if you wanted it for the stuff the pp talked about, tupperware has a lifetime guarantee, so the part should still be available.

Just wanted to chime in and say I love mine for making chicken and veggies, as the other poster mentioned. The chicken is so tasty and fast. I just wish it was bigger, since we have a large family. And as far as the insert, I am sure they will send it to you. I lost a piece to my chopper and called them about ordering the replacement, and they sent it to me free of charge. I felt bad because I explained that it didn't break or anything, I had just misplaced it, but the rep. insisted.

Did you contact a Tupperware consultant or call the company itself?

I have waited 4 days for a local tupperware consultant to get back to me. I realize it is the holidays so I am not pushing it, but curious what you did.

I also need a lid replacement for a large thatsa bowl so I asked her to find out about both.

Thanks,

Dawn

Just wanted to chime in and say I love mine for making chicken and veggies, as the other poster mentioned. The chicken is so tasty and fast. I just wish it was bigger, since we have a large family. And as far as the insert, I am sure they will send it to you. I lost a piece to my chopper and called them about ordering the replacement, and they sent it to me free of charge. I felt bad because I explained that it didn't break or anything, I had just misplaced it, but the rep. insisted.

I used to use my with the stainer insert to fry hamburger all the time. I was thinking last night when I was frying it on the stove how handy it would be to get that back, Dh doesnt know what he did with it....

Not sure about cooking the pasta in it, I never tried, I had the small micro steamer from Tupperware and that cooks rice really well, never tried it in the micro steamer.
I used to be a Tupperware manager years ago. So I have all kinds of stuff and I use it all. While it does have a lifetime warranty, if they discontinue making it they will give you a merchandise credit for what you have left of it--meaning if they can't replace the seal on something they will give you a similiar item or a credit for your purchase price of the item. A cone used to be like $5.00 so I would imagine it to be not really that much more now. Your thatsa bowl seal if you have one and turn it in fo rhte replacement will be free, if you need to order a new seal expect about $7-10 depending on if it is the medium or super huge one--the minis are like $2.00.
If you do not hear from someone by next Tuesday (only becasue this is a holiday week and huge for family travel) check to see if there is a distributorship in your area and call them--they will get someone in touch with you ASAP.

I used to use my with the stainer insert to fry hamburger all the time. I was thinking last night when I was frying it on the stove how handy it would be to get that back, Dh doesnt know what he did with it....

Meatballs are a dream in it as well. All the greese just drips to the bottom of the strainer and the meatballs are even crispy on the outside!

Thank you all. I am getting excited to start and plan to do some chicken and rice tonight.

I have a cookbook, but still have questions.

Can I cook chicken in it? Most of the recipes call for pre-cooked chicken.....I don't want to cook it on the stove and then cook it in the stacker if I don't have to.

Also, with frozen veggies, can I use them or do I have to thaw first?

I want to try either a curry or stir fry flavored dish with chicken and veggies.

Thanks,

Dawn

I love Tupperware too. I have no idea why I haven't used this thing. I use all the rest.

My cupboards are filled with modular mates and the containers that are tall and have a lid with a spout on them. I have found they fit a 5 pound bag of whatever pretty much right on, and I have them all labeled and filled as well.

They don't all match lids.....some I have purchased new and some I pick up as I find it at yard sales, etc.....but those are in the cupboard anyway, so as long as it is organized I don't care that I have (literally) some green, some blue, some red, and some tan lids.

Dawn

Not sure about cooking the pasta in it, I never tried, I had the small micro steamer from Tupperware and that cooks rice really well, never tried it in the micro steamer.
I used to be a Tupperware manager years ago. So I have all kinds of stuff and I use it all. While it does have a lifetime warranty, if they discontinue making it they will give you a merchandise credit for what you have left of it--meaning if they can't replace the seal on something they will give you a similiar item or a credit for your purchase price of the item. A cone used to be like $5.00 so I would imagine it to be not really that much more now. Your thatsa bowl seal if you have one and turn it in fo rhte replacement will be free, if you need to order a new seal expect about $7-10 depending on if it is the medium or super huge one--the minis are like $2.00.
If you do not hear from someone by next Tuesday (only becasue this is a holiday week and huge for family travel) check to see if there is a distributorship in your area and call them--they will get someone in touch with you ASAP.

More questions:

I just looked at the book that came with it and it looks like you can get SEALS for the stack cooker?

Oh man, looks like I am due for a Tupperware party again!

Dawn

You should have 10 PM's from tupperware consultants by now :lmao:

More questions:

I just looked at the book that came with it and it looks like you can get SEALS for the stack cooker?

Dawn

More questions:

Dawn

The seals are so you can prep ahead of time and then stack and cook when you get home or to store leftovers in it should have come with them--at least they did years ago. I have never used pre-cooked food in mine, I have the flip cookbook and it is all from fresh ingredients or frozen veggies /fruit, but not precooked chicken--I have never precooked my chicken before putting it in the stack cooker. I will see if I can easily locate my book and get you a recipe.

Thank you.

I looked over the book and then decided to just plunge right in and make something. I didn't follow a recipe really, but here is what I did.

2 cups of basmatti rice in the bottom with 4 cups of water, steam for 5 min. on high.

While that is happening, I mixed together:

Cut up chicken
frozen broccoli
oil
chopped onion
garlic
chili powder
ginger powder
curry powder
can of tomato sause
can of chick peas

Then I put the meat mix on top of the rice and cooked on 50% power for 10 min.

I served it with Naan and everyone thought it turned out great!

I am already in love with this thing.

WHY didn't I try this earlier????

Sheesh.

Dawn

WhoooHoooo! Called Tupperware and they are replacing my cone for free and I am paying shipping! :thumbsup2

It won't be the same color (I have cranberry and the cone is purple) but I don't care.

Can't wait to try a bundt cake

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter