Anyone use a Guide in Japan??

TwingleMum

DIS Veteran
I'm going to Japan in 2024 and was starting to research different tours. I was wondering if anyone had a local guide that they would recommend?

I used a tour company to help me with things I wasn't completely familiar with. In particular, I can highly recommend Inside Japan Tours, they were excellent. I hear their tour guides are great as well. I did a self guided tour without a guide, and all my hotel reservations and even park tickets were taken care of by them. There are certain things they can't do, but I would definitely go with them again if I were to go to a different country.

I'm not sure if I would use them again for Japan since I can understand Japanese decently and now have an idea of what to do in Japan. Studying Japanese and being in Japan are obviously different things, but their tour company did make everything much easier. Since I'm more familiar with the layout of Japan, I think it was nice not having to deal with an excessive amount of planning.

I'm not sure about just tour guides though, I'm sure you can check JapanTravel reddit for some recommendations.

I used a tour company to help me with things I wasn't completely familiar with. In particular, I can highly recommend Inside Japan Tours, they were excellent. I hear their tour guides are great as well. I did a self guided tour without a guide, and all my hotel reservations and even park tickets were taken care of by them. There are certain things they can't do, but I would definitely go with them again if I were to go to a different country.

I'm not sure if I would use them again for Japan since I can understand Japanese decently and now have an idea of what to do in Japan. Studying Japanese and being in Japan are obviously different things, but their tour company did make everything much easier. Since I'm more familiar with the layout of Japan, I think it was nice not having to deal with an excessive amount of planning.

I'm not sure about just tour guides though, I'm sure you can check JapanTravel reddit for some recommendations.
Thanks so much.

For miscellaneous touring activity, we use viator to book guides or tours when we travel overseas. We always pick tours that have many highly rated reviews and haven’t had any trouble yet. If you are worried about navigating the city, many tours will specify that the guide can meet you at your hotel.

For miscellaneous touring activity, we use viator to book guides or tours when we travel overseas. We always pick tours that have many highly rated reviews and haven’t had any trouble yet. If you are worried about navigating the city, many tours will specify that the guide can meet you at your hotel.
Thank you. I have used Viator I was thinking of a private guide.

Thank you. I have used Viator I was thinking of a private guide.

—Just to be clear, we have only ever used Viator to find private guides. Typically it’s a company that has several private guide and assigns you one.

I'm leaning towards building an Itinerary with Kensington so we can tailor the trip to what we want but have local help since neither of us speak/read any Japanese

Get your guide is who I have used to book different tours for our upcoming Japan trip. If you also have capital one shopping widget they are giving a 25% rebate too which is a nice bonus. I have used my capital one bonus money to get chewy GCs to feed my pups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter