Anyone that has tried the new Crystal Palace menu

tinkerbelletreasure

DIS Veteran
How was it? So far I’ve only seen one blog review of it. We’ve never been because we don’t like paying the premium for buffet and characters. But the new menu has us interested. I just haven’t seen many people comment on their experiences yet.

Our family ate at Crystal Palace at the end of December with the new "partial family style" menu. We ordered 3 different entrees for ourselves; the fried chicken, pork chop and catfish for our individual entrees. All were satisfactory...I can't say anything bad and I can't say anything good about them, nothing stands out as special.

Of the shared family items the biscuits were very good. The tomato and watermelon salad was meh (and I typically am one to enjoy exotic blend salads) and the deserts chosen to be on the family plate were nothing to write home about. You would think if Disney were offering 4 different deserts on one plate that they could do better. The best of four was the banana cream pie, the rest were really not that good.

Overall in my opinion the meal offering and the menu options seemed lacking and frankly not well thought through; as if they wanted to get Crystal Palace into the MK restaurant offering as rapidly as possible.

The fact that we were in the Crystal Palace after being away so long gave the experience bonus points, just not enough to overlook the food. If I had to be honest I wouldn't go back if the same menu was offered.

One more thing if dining atmosphere is of any concern to you the restaurant at current limited capacity is still as loud as a concert.

Sounds about same as dining at the Liberty Tree in Horseshoe experience. Food & service not pleasant and loud but still expensive...
Food arrives really fast so nothing made fresh obviously. Completely destroys dining experience.

Our family ate at Crystal Palace at the end of December with the new "partial family style" menu. We ordered 3 different entrees for ourselves; the fried chicken, pork chop and catfish for our individual entrees. All were satisfactory...I can't say anything bad and I can't say anything good about them, nothing stands out as special.

Of the shared family items the biscuits were very good. The tomato and watermelon salad was meh (and I typically am one to enjoy exotic blend salads) and the deserts chosen to be on the family plate were nothing to write home about. You would think if Disney were offering 4 different deserts on one plate that they could do better. The best of four was the banana cream pie, the rest were really not that good.

Overall in my opinion the meal offering and the menu options seemed lacking and frankly not well thought through; as if they wanted to get Crystal Palace into the MK restaurant offering as rapidly as possible.

The fact that we were in the Crystal Palace after being away so long gave the experience bonus points, just not enough to overlook the food. If I had to be honest I wouldn't go back if the same menu was offered.

One more thing if dining atmosphere is of any concern to you the restaurant at current limited capacity is still as loud as a concert.
I thought prime rib was on the menu? Did they substitute the pork chop now? Ty!

DW and I ate at the CP last week for the first time ever. The watermelon saled is great. We both had the prime rib - very good. You can substitute the cream spinach for seasonal veggies. You can order another entree, but it has to be the same one you had originally. The dessert tray filled us up. We did not find the restaurant to be noisy.

Used our TiW and thought the meal/experience was worth the try.

I think we all need to significantly lower expectations a bit during these difficult times. That said, I don't think that is the only significant lowering that should be going on. Disney should significantly lower prices to match the compromises necessary in the offerings.

I wanted to try Crystal Palace as it's one of my favorites during "normal" times but that price tag. Ouch! I just couldn't justify it without characters. I'm willing to pay more for character meals as I have a little one and it saves me a LOT of time standing in character lines but I just can't do it with no characters.

It was a good meal to us, but agree the desserts were not as good as they looked.
we had the prime rib and fried chicken.
We will probably go again!

Attachments

• 0277954A-C8C9-498F-B74E-C83A8D10B860.jpeg
    0277954A-C8C9-498F-B74E-C83A8D10B860.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 1C6FE838-15DF-45A9-AC33-F4CA3799FBBF.jpeg
    1C6FE838-15DF-45A9-AC33-F4CA3799FBBF.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 11646F6B-4D00-4380-A428-EE993F5022E3.jpeg
    11646F6B-4D00-4380-A428-EE993F5022E3.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 51
DW and I ate at the CP last week for the first time ever. The watermelon saled is great. We both had the prime rib - very good. You can substitute the cream spinach for seasonal veggies. You can order another entree, but it has to be the same one you had originally. The dessert tray filled us up. We did not find the restaurant to be noisy.

Used our TiW and thought the meal/experience was worth the try.
Hi I’m assuming u had a TIW card that was still good or were u able to purchase now? Ty

Hi I’m assuming u had a TIW card that was still good or were u able to purchase now? Ty

Yes, previous TiW purchased in Oct 2019 as part of out AP Year, extended into March 2021. We are doing a lot of TS's to optimize the TiW savings. I know, doing QS would be a lot cheaper, but DW and I treat our TS meals as an attraction unto themselves. Being able to experience CRT and CP without characters has been a treat for us. We have one more trip planned to visit the parks and use up our AP/TiW. Been a strange year, but we're making the best of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter