Anyone take their Class A, C or B to the parks?

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by tinkerdorabelle, Jan 11, 2019.

1. tinkerdorabelle

tinkerdorabelle DIS Veteran

Is there a parking area for larger vehicles at the parks? We have a smaller Class B 25 foot but was wondering if anyone ever took their motorhome to the park. And also if you could run the generator. Wondering if there was an area for larger vehicles to park if we arrive early one day bf check in at the Fort could do a park. Thought I have seen some there when I have visited the parks in the past in a separate area. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  2. team bradfield

team bradfield happy campers

I have seen all size RV's parked out in remote areas of the parking lots

tinkerdorabelle likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Teamubr

Teamubr Formerly racing around the country.

I've seen every size and type of RV in the lots at the parks, including big 5ers on big trucks. They will direct you to where they want you to park.

I will take my long bed dually (the size of some Class Cs) to some of the parks. They generally tell me to take 2 spots and straddle the line.

j

5. PaHunter

PaHunter Photographer in need of training...

Wonder what they will tell me ??

And yes we have seen rigs of all sizes also parked there at the various parks, but be prepared to hike.

tinkerdorabelle and Teamubr like this.
  6. Teamubr

Teamubr Formerly racing around the country.

"Take as many as you need, big boy."

Or they'll just point to a huge open area...

j

PaHunter likes this.
  7. PaHunter

PaHunter Photographer in need of training...

I know it is not everyone's thing, but Disney Transportation gets me where I need to be. I am on vacation, let someone else drive.

DoryGirl1963 and Teamubr like this.
  8. team bradfield

Ditto, i drive chicago traffic every day, plus 1260 miles to the fort, let them drive me, the bus system is very convenient for us, we are on vacation to RELAX. we find good quality family time together digesting the days events or planning our day together. Plus, did I mention the Margaritas?

DoryGirl1963, bama_ed and snowmedic like this.
  9. ggc

ggc Earning My Ears

A "little" OH smoothes out the rough spots LOL

10. bama_ed

bama_ed It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney

If they have margaritas at the Outpost Depot at 8am waiting for the bus to Epcot, team bradfield, I'm in! :drinking1

Bama Ed

PS - Plus, I'm good with just a poor ol' Mimosa (OJ and Champagne) on the internal bus from my loop up to the Outpost Depot too.

team bradfield likes this.
  11. team bradfield

Pro tip, Crocketts and a refillable mug = Margarita (or mimosa) to go!

12. sippican

sippican Mouseketeer

We have taken our 35' MH to the parks on check-out day, rather than leaving it in overflow, and needing to take a bus back to FW. No problems at any of the parks. In fact, on two occasions (I believe AK prior to the construction) and HS, we were parked right up front next to the handicap parking areas.

13. michelb

michelb Mouseketeer

Another option if you prefer is you can leave it in overflow at FW if you arrive early / leave late (We've done both and it just depends our plans for the rest of the day).

We've parked at the waterparks many times with our class A which works quite well as the parking lot is much closer so it's easy to go back to the mh for lunch.