Anyone take the free shuttle from DC to Busch Gardens?

chabs

DIS Veteran
I was reading on the DC website that DC provides free transportation to Busch Gardens if you choose that park as part of your package. I was just wondering if anyone has tried this (about pick up times, your experience etc.) I called DC and they told me that Mears provides the service and that I would have to get specific info from them. We will have a car, but I would rather let someone else drive and use their gas if other people's experiences were good.

I'm just bumping this up.
I'm also interested in the free shuttle to BG from DC/SW.

This is stuff you probably already seen:

General comments I saw on various web sites:
" Complimentary transportation to Busch Gardens on the Busch Gardens Shuttle Express.
This service departs from various locations in the International Drive and Kissimmee areas."
"Note that all regular paid admissions include FREE transportation between Orlando and Tampa Bay."

On the BG web site:
"Unlimited FREE bus transportation to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay on the Busch Gardens Shuttle Express, which has scheduled departures from SeaWorld."
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Shuttle is FREE with any paid Busch Gardens ticket.
Passengers are responsible for transportation to and from the designated pickup and dropoff locations in and around the Orlando area. Mears Taxi services are available at a minimal charge by calling (407) 422-2222.
Arrival time at Busch Gardens is subject to change: could be as late as 11:30 a.m.
Departure time from Busch Gardens depends on park closing time. Please call the number below for exact departure time.
# of stops for each shuttle are not determined until day of trip. Your shuttle could potentially have a maximum of 3 stops on the route.
For additional information please call 1-800-221-1339.

Busch Gardens Shuttle
Mears Destination Services offers Round Trip Motor Coach transportation from several convenient Orlando area locations to Busch Gardens Tampa.
Transportation is complimentary with any purchased Busch Gardens Tampa Bay admission ticket. Reservations are highly recommended, due to demand.
Number of stops for each shuttle are not determined until day of trip. Your shuttle could potentially have a maximum of 3 stops on the route. For additional information, including pickup time and locations, please call 1-800-221-1339 or visit Mears Destination Services.

Good luck all,
Joe

I'm just bumping this up.
I'm also interested in the free shuttle to BG from DC/SW.

This is stuff you probably already seen:

General comments I saw on various web sites:
" Complimentary transportation to Busch Gardens on the Busch Gardens Shuttle Express.
This service departs from various locations in the International Drive and Kissimmee areas."
"Note that all regular paid admissions include FREE transportation between Orlando and Tampa Bay."

On the BG web site:
"Unlimited FREE bus transportation to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay on the Busch Gardens Shuttle Express, which has scheduled departures from SeaWorld."
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Shuttle is FREE with any paid Busch Gardens ticket.
Passengers are responsible for transportation to and from the designated pickup and dropoff locations in and around the Orlando area. Mears Taxi services are available at a minimal charge by calling (407) 422-2222.
Arrival time at Busch Gardens is subject to change: could be as late as 11:30 a.m.
Departure time from Busch Gardens depends on park closing time. Please call the number below for exact departure time.
# of stops for each shuttle are not determined until day of trip. Your shuttle could potentially have a maximum of 3 stops on the route.
For additional information please call 1-800-221-1339.

Busch Gardens Shuttle
Mears Destination Services offers Round Trip Motor Coach transportation from several convenient Orlando area locations to Busch Gardens Tampa.
Transportation is complimentary with any purchased Busch Gardens Tampa Bay admission ticket. Reservations are highly recommended, due to demand.
Number of stops for each shuttle are not determined until day of trip. Your shuttle could potentially have a maximum of 3 stops on the route. For additional information, including pickup time and locations, please call 1-800-221-1339 or visit Mears Destination Services.

Good luck all,
Joe

I did see this and you can park at Sea World and a couple of other places to get the bus. I just wondered what other people thought of the bus ride (nice bus?) and also how long you stayed at the park. When I called Mears, they were not helpful at all and would not provide times for July. I had to finally ask her to just give me an estimate and she thought we would arrive around 11 and leave at 6. Didn't know if that was worth it or not and how much time we would need to see the park.

We're staying onsite at Seaworld so Just for the heck of it I filled in the reservation form on the Mears website. The only time to be picked up is 9:15 am and it says the arrival could be as late as 11:30.

I always thought the bus back depended on when the park closed. They have Summer Nights at BG so I assumed it would be more like 9 or 10 PM for the return to Orlando. Instead of driving the 3 hour drive from East Coast to BG we had thought of driving to SW and riding the bus to BG so we wouldn't be driving for 6 hours plus spending the day in the park. My husband doesn't want to stay in hotel:headache: Might have to reconsider. Will have to call and confirm with someone before we try it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter