• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone staying one night just for early entry to VB

Portugal1000

DIS Veteran
we always stay at aUniversal Hotel for one night for early entry and express line. We love PBH (last year were upgraded to the Governors Suite, fabulous) but given the exchange rate and going a bit later this year 20th August for 15 nights, we thought we'd give it a miss. But then saw good rate for Cabana Bay and thought it might be a good idea for VB. wondering if anyone doing the same.

we always stay at aUniversal Hotel for one night for early entry and express line. We love PBH (last year were upgraded to the Governors Suite, fabulous) but given the exchange rate and going a bit later this year 20th August for 15 nights, we thought we'd give it a miss. But then saw good rate for Cabana Bay and thought it might be a good idea for VB. wondering if anyone doing the same.

Not one night, but nine. And Cabana Bay looks to be the best place to stay for Volcano Bay EE. You'll be able to walk to the park versus taking either a bus or tram. I'd go for it! We certainly have!

You'll be able to walk to the park versus taking either a bus or tram

I was under the impression that there would still be a need to take the shuttle to citywalk, then the VB shuttle back, as bad as it sounds

is there any confirmation of this, or of a walking path from the hotel to the park ?

I was under the impression that there would still be a need to take the shuttle to citywalk, then the VB shuttle back, as bad as it sounds

is there any confirmation of this, or of a walking path from the hotel to the park ?

That sounds pretty silly if it turns out that way, hoping that it's not the case. From what I've seen from construction progress videos, it looks like there will be access off of the end of the Americana building and the new towers. Concept art seems to support this as well. Universal even did a video the other day where two people were at Cabana Bay arguing about being first in line. But I haven't seen anything official for sure so cannot confirm it. Wouldn't of changed where I booked in June either way; but I'm obviously hoping that a resort within very easy walking distance to the park without any roadways to cross would have a walking path.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter