• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone Stayed Here?

Disneyfamfan

Mouseketeer
We have been to Disneyland several times and we usually stay at BW Park Place Inn. We are trying to save money and we made reservation in October at Park Vue Inn which is right next door to Park Place Inn for $55 a night. Has anyone stayed there, and what is your opinion? Any info would be great!

We have not stayed there, but from looking online, the "Park Place Inn" get's 3 stars while the "Park Vue Inn" get's 2 stars, but looking at the rates the savings look ok for the amount of time in the room, and having been renovated last year..

I was just going to ask about the Park Vue Inn. We have res. for the Desert Inn & Suites next weekend and have been reading very very mixed reviews and getting a bit scared. I can get the PVInn for $65. Which site did you find the $55 rate for?

I have not stayed there, and probably never will. I had a horrible experience when I cancelled a reservation, well ahead of the deadline. They still charged me for not 1, but 2 nights as a no show. Even though I had the email confirmation of the cancellation. The management wouldn't refund me, said it was up to the online website (which was there's not a hotels.com or anything like that), the online management told me I had to take it up with the hotel. I went back and forth for a week and finally got a refund check.

Customer Service for Park Vue stinks. I would never choose to stay there. I tried to ADD TO my reservation and got the run around about who I made the reservation through etc. They keep saying I hadn't called them and I book through a third party. I finally just cancelled it, after having to call some "mysterious" thrild party booking agency. Even though I KNOW I had called them direct.

Just wondered where you actually ended up staying and how was it! DD and I want to go back but it will JUST BE ME and I need a cheaper (60 dollars or so) hotel close by.

Just got back from BW Park Place Inn (two night stay as part of a long out west road trip) and still highly recommend it.

I think you get what you pay for, and you canNOT beat the location -- directly across the street from the parks. IMHO it pays to stay there, possibly even more than the DL resorts -- we'd rather have the extra cash saved by not staying on DL property so we have more nights on the road. (although we totally believe in staying ON property in WDW!).

Hope that helps.

My family (12 of us) stayed at the Park Vue Inn 2 years ago when we came to DL. While it wasn't a luxury hotel, it was clean and prettty comfortable. We had no problems with them, and just booked our rooms for our September trip. We love the location, and for the money it was good. They always had our rooms cleaned and ready for us by the time we came back for afternoon naps (about noon). They were also very nice about bringing us 2 cribs for my husband and me (we have twin girls). The rooms were not overly large, but they were adequate. They also had a small fridge and microwave in each room. It was fun to come back after a day at DL, put on jammies, go through the connecting doors to Gramma and Grampa's room, pop popcorn and watch a Disney movie as a family.

All in all, we liked it! However, don't go expecting the GC. :rolleyes1

I forgot to mention, that because of the proximity to DL, my mom was allowed to take her rented wheelchair from DL to the hotel and back again later in the day. We thought that was really nice of DL. :flower:

I've only been to DL once and don't remember which hotel I stayed at, but it wasn't very close to the entrance. However, we are going to be staying at the Carousel Inn and Suites in October when we return. We got a rate of $60/night thru AAA.

I found this link: DL/DCA Hotel Map and Reviews

To be pretty helpful in checking out the various hotels close to the entrance.

HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter