Anyone stay at the Hilton Anaheim?

liquidsky88

There's a mouse in the house!
My wife and I were thinking of taking a trip to WDL. We've never been there and were thinking of staying at the Hilton Anaheim because we are Hilton Honors members. Is this a nice hotel? Just looking for some feedback. Thanks. :cool1:

hi we stayed there 2 yrs ago and we fell in love with the hilton they have great customer service and the rooms where very big and the beds where great and if you ride the art system it meets right out front of the hotel . we enjoyed it very much . :cheer2:

I stayed with two friends for a "quick trip" back in the fall of 1999 or 2000. The rooms were good sized, very clean, and had great views.

Just as long as it's not the Hilton Suites! We stayed there and the place is falling apart. Plus the ART shuttle is terrible!!!

I love the Anaheim Hilton! When I was travelling for work, I reached Honors diamond level by my stays here. I'll be checking in again this Saturday. When I was there in March they were in the process of creating a new honors floor. Diamonds will still be on 14 if available (Executive level), the rooms are the same size, however the linens are nicer and the lounge is readily available. Many of the rooms on the 5th floor either have a patio to the pool or lanai areas, or some with a patio that overlooks the parks.

Request a park view room if available, the view is magnificient.

I am not a fan of the ART system, if you don't mind the walk, it is about a 15-20 minute leisurely walk to the park entrance, or you can walk to the parking lot across the street and catch the Disney tram.

Gold and Diamond Honors members get free access to the health club, with more than a hotel share of treadmills, eliptical machines, bikes, weights, spinning class, basketball court, lap pool, spa, etc....

No hotel is perfect, the downside is the parking ramp is owned by the city of Anaheim and they charge $12/day for parking, or $17/day for valet. If you don't have a car, not a problem, but the parking can get expensive if you are on a budget.

Enjoy your stay!
Diane

Goofydiane said:
I love the Anaheim Hilton! When I was travelling for work, I reached Honors diamond level by my stays here. I'll be checking in again this Saturday. When I was there in March they were in the process of creating a new honors floor. Diamonds will still be on 14 if available (Executive level), the rooms are the same size, however the linens are nicer and the lounge is readily available. Many of the rooms on the 5th floor either have a patio to the pool or lanai areas, or some with a patio that overlooks the parks.

Request a park view room if available, the view is magnificient.

I am not a fan of the ART system, if you don't mind the walk, it is about a 15-20 minute leisurely walk to the park entrance, or you can walk to the parking lot across the street and catch the Disney tram.

Gold and Diamond Honors members get free access to the health club, with more than a hotel share of treadmills, eliptical machines, bikes, weights, spinning class, basketball court, lap pool, spa, etc....

No hotel is perfect, the downside is the parking ramp is owned by the city of Anaheim and they charge $12/day for parking, or $17/day for valet. If you don't have a car, not a problem, but the parking can get expensive if you are on a budget.

Enjoy your stay!
Diane

So how are they with giving upgrades to HH gold? I am considering getting two rooms here in July...

What is the ART system? Is this just a shuttle that takes you to Disney parks?

macs4us said:
So how are they with giving upgrades to HH gold? I am considering getting two rooms here in July...

They are making the 12th floor a Honors floor, so if there isn't space available on the 14th floor, they put you on the 12th floor. The rooms on both of these floors are the same size as the other floors. As Gold you should have access to the Executive Lounge. Fruit, Cereal and bagels for breakfast, hot snacks at dinner and cookies after that. Free water, coffee, pop when the lounge is open.

I stayed at the Anaheim Hilton Dec 17-20, 2004. The customer service and food was great. The only downside is that TWICE I found a mini metal pipe cleaner embedded in the wash rags. I'm lucky I didn't poke my eyes out. I'm going to Disneyland again in July and I will NOT be staying at the Hilton. If you do, BRING your own wash rags, seriously. ::MinnieMo

Staying here next week on a Priceline bid...just wondering if it's okay to bring inflatable toys to the pool? Thanks.

This hotel has an impressive hotel lobby with a decent restaurant (Cafe Oasis). But I was not impressed with their standard rooms. Super small bathrooms, dirty grout in the tiles with brown muck coming up, dripping vent badly located under your head while you're in the shower, and so on... If you are getting a room upgrade, then you'll be happy. But if you're stuck with a standard room, be prepared for rooms that are badly in need of renovations.

We were worried about the kind of room we would get when we read the reviews of Hilton on Tripadvisor.com. They were kind of mixed. After we stayed there, we sort of understand better. The people who love it there were upgraded and stayed in the Executive Level rooms. People (like us) who didn't like it stayed in the standard rooms. Just hope for the upgrade!

We stayed at the Hilton Anaheim March 23 - March 29 and I was NOT impressed. We had our reservations for 3 weeks for a room with 2 double beds. The first night we get there, they are out of rooms with 2 beds, so they put us in a handicap room with 1 king bed, which would have been fine, except we have 2 boys; 9 and 10 years old, that will not sleep with mom and dad. They only allowed us to have 1 roll-away, so one of my boys slept on the floor! They offered us no comps or anything for the inconvience. They said that they would "note" our account that we needed a room with 2 beds and would let us know ASAP. They never let us know.... I had to go back down to the front desk and remind them!!!

They charge for EVERYTHING at this hotel. They charge $10 a day for internet service, they charge for the workout room, they charge for the basketball courts, they charge for parking. Speaking of parking.... one night there was a big dance going on at the convention center and the city or whoever was having the dancers park in the Hilton's parking garage. Needless to say, that night we didn't even get to park in the garage, but we still got charged for it!

I love the Hilton chain, but I will never stay at the Anaheim again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter