• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone stay at Marriott Newport Coast Villas?

KarenB

<font color=green>Goes to the mall and sniffs Yank
We are in the first steps of planning a trip for mid June 2007. We want to go (me, DH, 17 DS) to the Disnyeland area of California. We were going to use points and stay on site at Disneyland, but DH found Marriott Newport Coast Villas in out DVC Planning Guide. It looks perfect on the website. We were curious as to whether anyone has any information about a stay here.

Thanks!
Karen

We are in the first steps of planning a trip for mid June 2007. We want to go (me, DH, 17 DS) to the Disnyeland area of California. We were going to use points and stay on site at Disneyland, but DH found Marriott Newport Coast Villas in out DVC Planning Guide. It looks perfect on the website. We were curious as to whether anyone has any information about a stay here.

Thanks!
Karen

I think that would be a very, very difficult trade to get at such short notice. The resort is lovely but does not sit on the beach.

Ironically it was the site of an announced DVC property early on in the program. Disney sold the land to Marriott. It is all two bedroom villas. My guess is about 30 minutes to DL

We stayed at NCV about 3 years ago. It is a nice resort with all 2 bedroom units. It is about a 15 - 20 minute drive to Disneyland.

The resort is in beautiful Newport Coast. But June can be cold because of June Gloom.

During the summer it is a hard trade.

If you want more info visit www.tug2.net

Aloha,
Jen

Out of curiosity, I just checked availability in II. There's lots available through May, but nothing in June that I can see.

June should be doable for a trade this far out though it might only be a couple of months prior before you'll find out you've matched. Most people who have tried to go to this resort and use it as a base for DL have not been thrilled with their choice. If DL is your goal, I'd reconsider you're plan or else look at staying just a night or two in the DL area and then going down to Newport Coast. As noted, it'd cost you 2 BR points since they only have 2 BR units and for that time, I'd guess you're looking at 270 (High season). There are many hotels in the area that are close and far cheaper than the DL Hotels. Unless I were going to stay at the GC, I would let price, quality, distance and accessibility be my guide since only the GC is themed at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter