Anyone sold clothes at Once Upon A Child?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went through my clothing that I think is nice, still instyle ...some new and some very good condition. I will bring it to UOAC....I am soooo curious to see what they take! Anyway the rest I am going to give to goodwill and take a tax deduction. The clothes hat just didn't work or are stained I use as rags. Now that said....I am expecting to get Gargage sale prices. Which to me are .50 to 1.00 an item. Now better clothes in great quality at a garage sale here go for 1.00 to maybe 3.00-5.00 ....but that is very rare to see. If you have great stuff and want to make money best to ebay it! Great stuff is GAP, Hanna, Gymbo....all of which should be in very good condition...not put through the dryer, no stains and no piling. Then you can expect to get some $...again tyou have to put some effort. Also I have found ebay not to be as lucrative as it once was and buyers Aare VERY PICKY! lastly...I had a garage sale and I put out several bins of clothes and made a few dollars. So IF I can get garage sales prices I would be happy. If I don't get at least that and they don't take most of my stuff then I will just donate and take a tax deduction . Of course I do save some of my favorites and pass to friends and family! Good luck!

I went in with some NWT Gap peacoats that my girls had never got around to wearing. I also had matching NWT hats. Both were lined in that faux fur. The coats retailed 49.50 apiece and the hats 14.50 apiece. They were going to offer me 5.00 for everything. Both coats and boths hats. I was shocked I told them that was insulting and that I would rather give it away to a charity than to be insulted by them and turned around and left. :sad2: They are extremly high priced also. So I know that they were probably going to sell them as sets at about 25.00 apiece. I am totally not joking.:sad2: Our OUAC is a RIPOFF!

the same thing happen to me. I told them it was insulting and that I was would rather give it away then to sell it to them. I have never had good luck with them on clothes. I have better luck with toys. I have things with tags on it that they would not take so I will not go there any more. I can never even find things for my boys there.

I just do not know what to do with my girls outgrown clothes.
I had a friend that sold on ebay but she does not do it anymore.
I gave a lot last year to my neighbor that has 3 girls as does not work and money is tight. When my youngest outgrows something her oldest can start wearing it. Sounded good to me. I told her I "baby" these clothes. I am meticlous about stains and they have never been in the dryer. These clothes looked perfect. I gave them to neighbor and the next time I saw them I was almost in tears. They were completely trashed! Her DD was eating a horrid blue ice cream code smeared all over a $100.00 outfit. I have never seen her kids wear it again so I am sure it is ruined. Made it perfectly through 2 of my kids and not even the 1st of hers.
So.. now I have boxes of very nice upscale clothing I have no idea what to to with. Part of me says, give it to her and help her out. But if I have time to hang, steam, press every outfit then she could too.
On the other hand I do work so I do not have the time or inclination to do anything myself.

I am not a fan of OUAC at all. I had clothes with tags that they told me were too worn. :confused3 I do not think they even looked at 1/2 the stuff.

My mom has taken some things to a store by her and they buy stuff that my store would not take.

I did sell at Thomas toddler bed and was pretty irritated. It was in excellent condition and we needed to unload it because DS was getting his new furniture and we just don't have room to store extra stuff. They told me it had to be completely set up first before they'd even give me an estimate. After setting it up they only gave me $45 for it.

I honestly feel to buy clothes there is not a great deal. Some items are priced so high I can do better with coupon codes and get new stuff. My mom is a huge fan of "used" stores and can't seem to get this concept. She'll buy DD $12 used pants but refuses to even look in gymboree. I have gotten DD stuff with codes for less than what she pays at OUAC.

:sad2: i once took in a pair of brand new with tags ralph lauren boys jeans (I think they were close to $30 bucks) and they offered me $3.50 :mad:
I will never take any kids clothes there again! :sad2:

I honestly feel to buy clothes there is not a great deal. Some items are priced so high I can do better with coupon codes and get new stuff. My mom is a huge fan of "used" stores and can't seem to get this concept. She'll buy DD $12 used pants but refuses to even look in gymboree. I have gotten DD stuff with codes for less than what she pays at OUAC.

I totally agree! If I shop the sales I can get better prices at childrens place or in kohls...:rolleyes:

I am trying to decide what to do right now.. I have tons of little girls clothing and a lot of maternity clothing... (most nice and name brand) that I am trying to get at least a little money back from.. I was gonna try OUAC but now im not sure what to do...:confused3

aside from goodwill, st vincent, etc (where a lot of the clothing, even "good stuff", is sold to another co for rags:eek: ), consider schools in your district.
many school social workers will take clothing & give it to families with kids in the schools, so they normally need just about all sizes.
it's a great way to help out locally (when my kids were in school, i would buy & add some extras like backpacks & school supplies).

laurie s

So.. now I have boxes of very nice upscale clothing I have no idea what to to with. Part of me says, give it to her and help her out. But if I have time to hang, steam, press every outfit then she could too.
On the other hand I do work so I do not have the time or inclination to do anything myself.

send them to me, my DD's will wear them! ;) :rolleyes1

I'm just teasing but I understand what you are saying. I'm meticulous (DH calls me a freak) about the laundry. I don't iron as much as I should but I do steam things and I'm totally anal about making sure all the stains are out and such. It would bug the heck out of me to see something like what happened with your neighbor. My kids have nice clothes but they also have a few $2 shirts and shorts from Target for ruining in the yard, kwim?

I've had the same experience you did. By watching sales and shopping clearance I do much better at Kohls, Gap, Children's Place, Gymboree and now that oldest DD is a size 6, Limited Too.

I've given up on selling stuff at OUAC. I tried it but was very frustrated with how many things they took and how little I left with. It's insulting to get offered less than $1 for a new with tags Carters outfit but yet the free with purchase little people vhs got $3. Their pricing is way out of whack to say the least. Now I just pass stuff down when I can and figure I'm getting the good karma. ;)

aside from goodwill, st vincent, etc (where a lot of the clothing, even "good stuff", is sold to another co for rags:eek: ), consider schools in your district.
many school social workers will take clothing & give it to families with kids in the schools, so they normally need just about all sizes.
it's a great way to help out locally (when my kids were in school, i would buy & add some extras like backpacks & school supplies).

laurie s

Did your school ask for this or did you just call up and ask?? That sounds like a good idea for the stuff my cousin can't use :scratchin

the same thing happen to me. I told them it was insulting and that I was would rather give it away then to sell it to them. I have never had good luck with them on clothes. I have better luck with toys. I have things with tags on it that they would not take so I will not go there any more. I can never even find things for my boys there.

Me too!:mad: Ticked me off.......

I took all my kids brand new mint condition clothes to once upon a child last week. They give you maybe a $1-2 per outfit. my kids wear only Gymboree, Ralph Lauren, with some Old Navy and Disney Store stuff mixed in. I had 2 huge full bins and they only took a few items. It was kind of a waste of time. Also when I looked around in the store some of the stuff they were selling was wayy overpriced and the clothes were not what I would call mint condition either. ALso I sold them one of those Aquarium swings almost new in the box and they gave me $25 for it and put a $70 price tag on it after. My DS used it one time because he couldn't swing because of reflux. Next time I might try Ebay or just donate the clothes instead, seriously not worth my aggravation going to Once Upon a Child.

I took 2 boxes of very nice clothing into OUAC last September. There were Disney jean jackets, shoes, boots with tags, etc. The girl told me she would call me within 3 hours. She never called. I called the next day--got their machine and left a message. Still no call. I called the next day-Labor Day and got someone who said they can give me $5.50 for what they bought. I said fine, I would be in the next morning to pick up everything. I go in the next morning and my boxes are all gone--donated. Noone 'knew what happened". They got the manager on the phone and she said they were gone. Nothing they could do-end of story. I tried to fight it but got no where.

bringing clothing to OUAC. As your children get older, they get pickier and pickier about what they will take. I keep my daughter's clothing (only child) in very good condition and free of stains. When she was a baby, I would walk out with a $100 + check...not so anymore.

I don't feel they are worth the effort anymore. I used to go to the local one and then immediately after go to an out of town one that would take some of the clothing that the first one wouldn't!!! Now that I work, I just don't have the time. I usually donate her clothing to Goodwill or give them to the little girl down the street who is a year younger.

It is difficult to let the clothing go (especially the more expensive items), but my daughter is not using them anymore. I just try to keep in mind that once I give them away, they are not mine anymore and I have to forget about them...not easy to do!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter