Anyone rent from Dolphin?

Degli

DIS Veteran
Hello,
We are thinking of renting while in Disney from Alamo at the Dolphin. we will be driving to Miami Int'l airport for a 3 day cruise. I am getting worried about the drive to Miami. We will be leaving about 8am from Orlando. Mapquest show 3:43 minutes to MIA. Mapquest shows the turnpike is the best way to go. I don't know if the tolls slow you down or I95 may be backed up. I am hearing both. Does anyone have experience with this? This will be a Friday before Prez day. Help please.

The ride to Miami from Orlando is boring and quick until you get down into Broward County (around Fort Lauderdale) they have SunPass if you can get it from Alamo with the rental so you don't have to stop at tolls. I don't recall the tolls every really being backed up. The Port of Miami is the real cluster once you get down into that area. Not sure why you are driving to MIA unless it is to return the car, but downtown Miami is always pretyy heavy congestion. You might want to give yourself a little extra time.

Yes,
I need to return the Alamo car at the airport in Miami. It is the only one way drop off location. So, does anyone know if I95 or the turnpike would be better?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter